Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 12-01-2007, 05:11 AM

Default Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD [DEC}***

Wooo first page of life thread

Orange - give your conference championship picks

also, NFLers, Bucs-Saints thoughts appreciated

two important games for the state of louisiana

woooo

also, i'm back in austin, i'd been out of town for like 10 days, but this girl i was talking to before then still seems down. and also it was two years ago today that the death stuff happened. pretty convenient it was the 1st of the month.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:11 AM

Oh god it's December already
Old 12-01-2007, 05:25 AM

nath,

SEC- LSU/Tenn. This is really an interesting game. A week or two ago and it would have been LSU by a fair amount but there are many issues plaguing this team right now. So many coaching changes (I'm sure you've heard about Pelini by now) and such provide HUGE distractions for the team. LSU -7 but I think that Tenn really has a chance to win tomorrow. They've played well in the past games and are a completely different team than the one that started the season.

I would say that LSU wins if they can get focused. UTenn has a great great shot though. I'm going to say 30-24 Tenn in an upset.

Big 12- Another great game I think. I'm extremely torn in this game- do I root for MU to beat OU and deny tOSU from playing in the NC game? (i hate both the big 10 and tOSU). or do I root for OU and hope that a MU loss locks up Tim Tebow's heisman trophy? A true battle for me.

OU won the meeting last time- the score was not indicative of the game. OU controlled the ball for the most part and played much better defensively. I think that OU wins this game 34-27 in a close one. Though I could very well be wrong.

ACC- VT/BC, not sure if you saw this the first time. VT completely controlled the game for all but the last 5 minutes. In meetings of strong offenses v. strong defenses, Defenses usually win. VT has been fairly consistent the past few weeks and Glennon is really playing fantastic. BC is a strange team that is still very high or low (losing to FSU lol). I think that VT wins this game 24-14.

Also, I really hope that UW beats UHawaii tomorrow. I hate hate hate hawaii. Sorry, any team that goes into overtime and struggles with teams like Nevada don't deserve a BCS bowl game. Even though UWashington is the worst (or among the worst) Pac 10 teams, they still have an ample shot at beating UH tomorrow. Disturbing. Throw the warriors in any other conference and they are barely winning IMO.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:32 AM

OU needs to win in a big way.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:34 AM

[censored] 2007 is almost over what the hell happened?

lol timeaments.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:41 AM

Orange,

I hadn't heard that confirmed, just that he was the favorite (Pelini). I'm not worried-- there's a lot of sentiment around here that his head hasn't been in the game ever since Osborne became A.D. (i.e. since Callahan became a dead mean walking). I expect to lose Miles as well.

That said, I still think LSU wins. (At least, I hope so.) I expect VT to win, too, and while I feel like Oklahoma will win, I'll be rooting for Missouri, partly for traditional-underdog reasons and partly for similar anti-Big 10 / OSU reasons.

p.s. I think Hawaii will win, too. They're too strong at home-- that's a huge advantage for them. So, they'll win, and proceed to get obliterated by LSU in the Sugar Bowl, and we still will have no idea how good they really are.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:44 AM

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3135858

Yeah, I think that LSU should have a decent shot at finishing UTenn. Just so many distractions. I was semi-rooting for LSU to finish out and rep SEC in the NC game but thats not happening so screw the tigers :P.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:48 AM

pics http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post13169373
Old 12-01-2007, 06:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3135858

Yeah, I think that LSU should have a decent shot at finishing UTenn. Just so many distractions. I was semi-rooting for LSU to finish out and rep SEC in the NC game but thats not happening so screw the tigers :P.

[/ QUOTE ]
Believe me, I'm more pissed about it than you are.

So Pelini's gone. I expect Miles to leave, too. So the interesting question is, where do we look to replace Miles?
Old 12-01-2007, 10:02 AM

Is there is a free software for recording Skype conversations? I tryed PrettyMay but it's not free, only 15 days trial.