Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 09-04-2007, 02:49 AM

Default Joe (Moon?) AC Taj NL

Just curious if anyone has any information or stories about this player. A while ago he started organizing the bigger NL games @ the Taj and seems to be one of the toughest NL cash game players around here. At least I was impressed with his playing ability. Oh and if anyone knows his tells pls PM me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-04-2007, 02:52 AM

Default Re: Joe (Moon?) AC Taj NL

I know moon, played with him in private games at first right when he got married, now a days he is in AC every weekend. When we first played 10/20 was a huge game for him and to be honest he was very green, when I last played with him he was playing 40/80 every weekend.

Thats all I will say, I think threads like this about an individual who is not a "celebrity" kind a suck - give the guy his privacy.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:39 AM

He kinda is a celebrity or at least a local legend. He organizes the 10-20-40NL game when it goes during the week when certain donators are in town, otherwise he's been in the 80 Stud lately. I've played the big game with him and he is tough but not unexploitable. If he respects your game he slows down a little but it takes a lot to get that respect. He realizes when we play short the money is coming from one or two sources, unless he thinks your scared money, then you might get pounded. I love watching the fanboys flock around him to shake his hand and ask him about hands. He was slumming it with me in a 2-5NL today with a fanboy by his side after the holiday weekend crowd left...end of the summer action season is going to be really depressing around here. I expect the NL game to go often during the USPC, feel free to PM me for contact info if you need daily updates as to whether the game is going or not, that goes for anyone.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:49 AM

does moon live in AC now?
Old 09-04-2007, 03:57 AM

The one and only Joe Moon is an AC fixture. I am sure you're thinking of someone else TT, since this JM has been playing medium high for as long as I have been around (8 years).

He's a very good player, but he is excellent for the game, as the weakies love to play with him.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The one and only Joe Moon is an AC fixture. I am sure you're thinking of someone else TT, since this JM has been playing medium high for as long as I have been around (8 years).

He's a very good player, but he is excellent for the game, as the weakies love to play with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

different guy, the guy I know is mid-20's, good looking, Korean, and his first name is moon. He is a mid-limit player, I havent seen him play stud or NL yet.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your thinking of a different Joe Moon.

The guy the poster refers to plays the biggest games at the Taj, but does not play at the Borgata because he "cant get lucky"/ doesnt win there.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your thinking of a different Joe Moon.

The guy the poster refers to plays the biggest games at the Taj, but does not play at the Borgata because he "cant get lucky"/ doesnt win there.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would know better than me but I thought that was just a cover story for a personal reason, I can't see a longtime, skilled player being that luck oriented.