Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2006, 05:45 AM

Default Re: Most unpredictable NFL teams

[ QUOTE ]
New England is consistent but I hate their injury reports. You never know who is really injured.

[/ QUOTE ]
Junior Seau is probable for next week! Hopefully he will tough it out like Bradey has been doing with his shoulder injury. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2006, 11:28 AM

It sure didn't look like he would be playing this week.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:22 PM

1) KC

Lori
Old 11-29-2006, 04:45 PM

KC? they started off 0-2... then have played like a standard 9-11 win team since
Old 11-30-2006, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It would have been nice if the Pittsburgh offensive line had decided to show up today. Now I remember why I stopped betting on Pitt earlier in the season. Like Jacksonville, they are just too unpredictable.

[/ QUOTE ]
This comment in another got me thinking, what NFL teams do y'all avoid betting because the variance in their week-to-week performances is too great and defies even the best handicapping?

These are my top 5:

1) Jacksonville
2) N.Y. Giants
3) Atlanta
4) Cincinnati
5) Pittsburgh

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Jacksonville is actually pretty predictable this year. Bet with Jags against a good team, and against them against a bad team.

2. NYG -- I agree they have been unpredictable so far, but with their recent losses they are self-destructing. I expect them to crumble rest of the season.

3. Atlanta -- this is definitely in my top 5 for unpredictable -- you just never know if Vick & Dunn are going to show up or not, because that really is their entire team. It will be interesting to see how they respond this week after everything that happened last week -- this week will be a great indicator for how the rest of their season is going to go.

4. Cincinnati -- meh... they have been overrated all year long. They will get the occasional blowout to keep you guessing, but I just don't think they are that good. Since they are capable of winning every game you pretty much have to avoid betting on them though, as they are even ATS.

5. Pittsburgh? Are you serious? My lock of the week every week has been Pittsburgh's opponent. They flat out suck. I was saying in week 3 that Charlie Batch was their only chance.

EDIT: Here are my top 5 unpredictable for this year:

1. Oakland. One of the absolute worst teams in the NFL. But they have been doing a good job against the spread, considering that I expect them to get blown out every week.

2. Indianapolis. They are way overrated. Good team but they cannot be counted on to blow out a team like they should be able to.

3. San Franscisco. Some impressive performances, some terrible losses. What team is going to show up?

4. Seattle. Good record. Good Team. Supposed to be the class the NFC. But terrible against the spread. You can't bet against them... or can you?

5. Tennesse. I expect them to get blown out every week but maybe I am underestimating Vince Young. Or maybe their opponents just aren't as good as I think they are. Either way, mediocre team, but they have been doing great against the spread.

Old 11-30-2006, 12:30 PM

I've made 50 straight picks this year, publicly. Of those, I've not placed a straight bet on any of the following teams:

BAL
BUF
CLE
DET
HOU
JAC
MIA
MIN
NE
OAK
SEA
STL
TB
TEN
WAS

My picks have been distributed as follows:

KC 10%
NYJ 10%
PHI 10%
SD 10%
ATL 8%
CAR 8%
CHI 8%
NO 8%
GB 6%
CIN 4%
IND 4%
SF 4%
ARI 2%
DAL 2%
DEN 2%
NYG 2%
PIT 2%
Old 11-30-2006, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My picks have been distributed as follows:

KC 10%
NYJ 10%
PHI 10%
SD 10%

[/ QUOTE ]

Although far from over the top at least my memory served well [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Lori
Old 11-30-2006, 05:51 PM

Yeah I think you called me out on the Chargers as well, which means you nailed 3/4. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

10% of my 50 picks isn't so bad. I was surprised myself to find I hadn't picked any one team more than five times.