Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2006, 02:47 AM

Default Semi-Official Angels 2nd Half Comeback Thread!!!

Apparently there are a couple Angels fans here in 2+2 ville. So let this thread be the official location for all discussion and debate on the second half and the Angels (hopeful) surge.

The last two nights starters, Lackey and Jered, really give me some hope for this season. Juan Rivera has also been doing great as of late.
Old 07-09-2006, 03:06 AM

Default Re: Semi-Official Angels 2nd Half Comeback Thread!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Apparently there are a couple Angels fans here in 2+2 ville. So let this thread be the official location for all discussion and debate on the second half and the Angels (hopeful) surge.

The last two nights starters, Lackey and Jered, really give me some hope for this season. Juan Rivera has also been doing great as of late.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd consider myself an Angel fan (and other than an ugly incident against the Yankees, I'm sure Josh W would concur). I've even got 5 Angels on my fantasy team (Vlad, Napoli, K-Rod, Lackey, Weaver). Even though they're only a few games out, I'm not too confident this year. Their offense is atrocious. That's not complaining from a bitter fan, it's just the truth. They're near the bottom of the AL in virtually every offensive category. Vlad's regresesed a bit this year, and Chone Figgins and Orlando Cabrera are having decent years, but they can't carry this squad.

But I have hope. The Angels have some really good young talent. Ervin Santana is getting better by the day, Weaver you guys all know about, and Howie Kendrick, Kenry Morales, and Mike Napoli are all looking pretty good so far, and our minor league system is deep. I'd have no problem with this being a rebuilding year. I just hope that the Angel management doesn't panic and trade away some of our young guns for a rent-a-star to try and salvage this season.
Old 07-09-2006, 03:27 AM

I'm convinced that Sooga is the only diehard Angels fan out there. Living in SoCal for 10 years, I've only met one true blue Halo fan, and it's him. So, yes, he's not some bandwagon jumper.

But he is more annoying than 10,000 fleas in the nether regions of a camel. So I hope that the Halos fall flat. But with their starting pitching, I don't see it happening.

J
Old 07-09-2006, 03:27 AM

How is Chone having anywhere near a decent year?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/batt...7&ageMax=51
Old 07-09-2006, 03:31 AM

you're right. I didn't look at the stats, I was just basing it on what he's been doing recently (He's had a good July). So yea, pretty much the whole offense sucks.
Old 07-09-2006, 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm convinced that Sooga is the only diehard Angels fan out there. Living in SoCal for 10 years, I've only met one true blue Halo fan, and it's him. So, yes, he's not some bandwagon jumper.

But he is more annoying than 10,000 fleas in the nether regions of a camel. So I hope that the Halos fall flat. But with their starting pitching, I don't see it happening.

J

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm preparing myself to see the Halos on the wrong end of a lot of 3-2, 2-1 sorts of games.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Their offense is atrocious

[/ QUOTE ]

So is Oakland's. In fact, Oakland has scored 27 less runs and has 11 points lower in OPS. Team VORP, Angels 46.59, A's 11.7. The A's only have six players that are positive. I can't believe the lineup they are running out there night in and night out. The biggest factor is the Vlad factor. He is by far the best offensive player on either team and very capable of single handedly carrying an offense. The A's have nobody like that.

Texas has a better O, but I don't think anybody expects the Padilla, Rheineker, Koronka, Loe, Wasdin quintet behind Millwood to carry a team to the postseason.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:50 PM

Why wasn't lackey considered for the all star game? His ERA is 3rd in the AL and his WHIP is 4th in the AL
Old 07-09-2006, 05:01 PM

Because he doesn't 'know how to win'.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He is by far the best offensive player on either team

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, I think you're forgetting about Jason Kendall.