Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2005, 04:14 PM

Default He called you with Jack high? Post it in here! (Designated NC Thread)

OK. Everybody loves a good no content post now and then. Sometimes, you just dropped 100 BB in 2 hrs of play and you just need to be reminded that, yes, there still are fish in the sea. Maybe villain called you with the nut low. Maybe you just hit your first royal flush. Maybe you dragged in your first 40 BB pot. Maybe you just ran 184 BB/100 over the last 2k hands. Maybe villain just drew out to beat your flopped quads. It's time to share that with the world!

But not so fast. Putting all these fine accomplishments, bad beats, and whatnot can bury the good hand posts and strategy threads. Solution? Post it all here! By keeping all this in one thread, we can keep the comedy coming, while still giving each hand post it's fair share of time in the sun. Plus, when that big downswing hits, you've got a whole library of stuff right here to help lighten your mood. So, add this thread to your list of favorites so that the next time that rock tries to slowplay his flopped straight flush to 6th street, you know where to post it.

I'll kick things off with my latest Granny Mae. Never miss a bet when holding the stone cold nuts!

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, SB calls.

River: (7.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB
Old 07-09-2005, 04:52 PM

Default Re: He called you with Jack high? Post it in here! (Designated NC Thread)

I got a request, I want to see, a villian overcall or call 2(ormore) cold on the river with the nut low(in a highhand game)
Old 07-09-2005, 05:26 PM

Default Re: He called you with Jack high? Post it in here! (Designated NC Thread)

Villian sux ballz. and i lost
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (7 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (6.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB
Old 07-09-2005, 05:37 PM

great idea wookie, this is going in my favorites
Old 07-09-2005, 05:59 PM

Default Re: He called you with Jack high? Post it in here! (Designated NC Thr

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (15 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (12 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, MP3 calls.

River: (24 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.5 (All-In)</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 29 BB

SB shows KJ
MP3 shows KK

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2005, 06:25 PM

well, since this is the NC thread i'll ask this here - someone had a post a while ago about running bad vs playing bad, that had stats on what each hand (pair, trips, etc) should be doing at showdown on average....anyone have a link to that? I can't find it with search [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2005, 07:07 PM

Okay, this has to be the craziest hand I've ever played. Sadly, it's Pacific, so I can't use the hand converter, but here's the gist.

I'm in SB with QQ. I raise, and 6 players call for 1 more, giving us 7 players to the flop.
Flop is J83, two clubs. I don't have a club so that someone scares me, but other than that I'm looking good. I bet out. Get a caller, one fold, then a raise and a reraise. I cap, even though I'm afraid I might be behind to trips or two pair. Everyone still in it calls, sending us to the turn with 19.5BB in the pot, and 6 players still left!

Turn is 4 of spades, which I'm sure helps no one, so I bet out again. Everyone calls, but the button raises. I reraise. All but one player calls. Pot=35.5BB!

River is K diamonds. [censored]. I've got an unimproved QQ against 4 players and an overcard just came. I bet out again, but prepare to fold if there's some significant raising/ reraising action. Instead, the craziest [censored] happens--everyone folds. Yup, all four players fold rather than putting $2 into a 71$ pot. Even UTG, who had raised both the flop and turn, and who knew that his betting would end the action, didn't think it worth $2 on the 3% chance I was bluffing throughout with nothing (as apparently everyone else was!)

I've never seen such a huge pot go down uncontested on the river after so much earlier action.

I love Pacific--home of the fishiest players on the Internet. My BB/100 is &gt;10! Oh yeah, one of the guys in the pot had a 100% VPIP through about 15 hands.
Old 07-09-2005, 07:11 PM

I like the idea of a designated NC thread. Helps keep the clutter down.

Here is my contribution. I just had my first .5/1 6 max session -- had to just see what it is like. I am posting this becuase this was just a really fun hand.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Greg is SB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls, MP (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Greg completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Greg calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Greg checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Greg raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (8 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Greg bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

River: (12 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Greg bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP folds.

Final Pot: 15 BB
Old 07-09-2005, 07:16 PM

This is the postive side of the fishes. They only play their hands. What can I say, I just love these guys. It's hands like this that make it easy to shrug off the runner-runner bad beats.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (4 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (16 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 28 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG doesn't show 6c 5c (flush, king high).
Hero has 8c Ac (flush, ace high).
Button has 7c Ad (straight, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins 28 BB. </font>
Old 07-09-2005, 07:55 PM

Live 2/4 hand at Borgata. I watched the villain go way too far (as in 3-betting or capping) with third or fourth best hands before I was able to post.

Villain, UTG, calls. One fold, I raise with AKo, folded around to the villain who re-raises. High pocket pair is obvious.

Flop comes 2K7 rainbow. He bets, I raise, he 3-bets. Ok, the limp-reraise screams high pocket pair. If he's got AA or KK, I'm practically dead.

Turn comes Q. He bets, I check. I'm now behind AA, KK, and QQ. But after what I previously saw, he could have anything.

River comes blank. He bets, I call.

Villain shows JJ and MHIG.

Villain curses and leaves table, and I am sad.