Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 11:50 PM

Default Re: for the 2+2 ladies: men\'s clothes

Cole Haan Oxford (too dressy/reddish?)

Dockers (these look comfy. What do you think, too casual?)

Eastlands (very casual and young)

Josef Seibel (yeah a little goofy but i kinda like 'em!)

Allen Edmonds Mapleton (too old manish? gah, this is difficult [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

Wow, that took a lot of time. I think I'll go back to looking for prayers for Fish.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:20 AM

Thanks guys! I really like the last choice above. I've seen younger guys pull off the shoes in MissT's pics, I just don't think I can! The first 3 above is what I see when shopping and they all start running together. I'll definitely try on a pair of Allen edmonds and prob the J. seibel.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:23 AM

Here, how about something like this -

They are Dockers-Governor. These are really reasonable in price. I have a manager who wears something like this with jeans and he looks good.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am 22 and have no real sense of fashion, so you can all call me nutty if you want. But I have a pair of Sketchers that (to me) look like these in the picture, and I absolutely love them.

I definitely wish I had more fashion/shoe knowledge. I'll need it more once I'm teaching and stuff, but for now, I'm just as long as I don't wear jeans and tennis shoes.

(I said maybe I'm crazy because I have no idea what brand of shoes those are or how 'fancy' they are. But my Sketchers like these suit me fine)

P.S. To J.A.K., I wear these with jeans and khakis and they look fine with both. I actually used to only wear them with khaki for my observations and stuff, but I'm growing to like them as a more frequent shoe with my jeans.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:33 AM

i like those Solo. they look really comfortable.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:53 AM

Yep, those were the ones I liked the best and I don't think they're "age" based, any man could pull those off, IMO.

T
Old 10-19-2007, 01:10 AM

Solo,

I've tried on many a shoe like those. They look great sitting on the shelf, but I get them on and naah. I really am a fashion retard. I think part of the problem is, with khakis off the rack(Dockers/Old Navy/Polo), the bottom of the pant covers half the shoe and just looks bad. So,I think of getting some good quality khakis and having them tailored, but now I am getting into the realm of high maintenance.

Anyone,

How should the pant fall over the shoe? Someone mentioned not bunching up, but I'm sure there is protocol.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:18 AM

I wanted to feel like I contributed something, even if it's not cool or useful. I guess they don't look THAT much alike, but like I said, I'm a fashion dolt. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Link to Skechers site of these.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:20 AM

I don't know about the 'protocol,' but I can tell you that I have a lot of pairs of jeans that are too long for me. This is a combination of my age and the fact that I really really really dislike it when I sit with one leg crossed on the other ('guy' style, not Godfather-style) and my pant legs hedge up and reveal sock. I just really dislike this for some reason and it is how I sit almost 90% of the time in class.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:49 AM

One of the few things I know about fashion is that showing sock is OK. Showing bare leg is a no-no.