Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2007, 04:58 PM

Default New Game Advice needed

I live in the Dominican Republic. About 7 or 8 years ago, I opened the first Hold'em games in the country. During the past 4 years a variant of Hold'em has become very popular among the many "big" gamblers in the country. The game is played as follows: There are no blinds. Each player receives 3 cards and can use either one or two, as in regular Hold'em. The game is played with up to 10 players. The minimum buy in for the game is generally $5000 pesos, although there are game played daily where the buyin can be as much as 50,000. The button posts a blind of 500 Pesos (approximately $15 US, the exchange right now is 32.30). The bigger the game the bigger the post made by the blind. The games are raffles. It is not unusual to find four or more players all in before the flop. There are also many hands where it is checked around pre flop and the flop comes with no bet, which obviously makes any flop dangerous. I would appreciate some advice for an optimal strategy. Thanks
Old 06-22-2007, 05:03 PM

Default Re: New Game Advice needed

Hand selection should be pretty similar to Crazy Pineapple, and there's a good article on that in the FAQ.

In jamming hands, pairs with suited aces will make you lots of money.

In checked hands, play sets and strong nut draws hard and get out of the way with anything else.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:27 PM

Default Re: New Game Advice needed

Have you played it Hi/Lo? I think that this could prove profitable if you could get everyone else to follow suit. haha suit. I think 2461Badugi got it right... the FAQ article is quite good. you may want to reasearch a bit into omaha because pinapple is somewhere in between. In this version do you throw one card away?