Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2007, 04:27 PM

Default Re: school confiscates cell phone, lawyer dad is mad?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why are you guys saying wow 30 days is so unreasonable. did you miss the fact that that was for the 3rd offense?

[/ QUOTE ]

did you miss the fact that you are paying a bill for 30 days and the school has no right to keep it? Oh ok, you did, my fault. Why not take their backpack and anything else they feel like keeping after a 3rd offense, because apparently 3rd offense= supreme right.

[/ QUOTE ]

As stated at most you are paying like $10 for that month (hell it is probably saving you money because your kids talks/texts so much they can't even stop in school). 2 warnings is more than enough for a kid to know they need to stop doing something, if they don't learn their lesson and modify their behavior the school has the duty to teach them properly. That means taking away the toy they were too busy playing with to pay attention.

I can't believe there are that many people who think it is a bad idea for the school to take away the phone for chronic problem children. A cell phone is not a right.

If the school saw you driving like a maniac twice in the parking lot and you were warned about it, and continued to do it do you think that your parking pass should be revoked? The student (and their parents) have shown themselves unable to properly utilize a privledge the school offers (allowing the kids to carry cells, some schools don't even let them in the building anymore) if the kids can't live within the rules they are given with that right, the school should take action.

Out of curiousity how many PARENTS on here think the school was out of line? I have 2 kids, and if my are ever caught 3 damn times doing the same damn thing they were told not to do, losing their phone for a month won't matter, because they will lose all privledges for a month. THis ain't brain surgery, don't take your phone out in school, if you do there will be consequences.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why are you guys saying wow 30 days is so unreasonable. did you miss the fact that that was for the 3rd offense?

[/ QUOTE ]

did you miss the fact that you are paying a bill for 30 days and the school has no right to keep it? Oh ok, you did, my fault. Why not take their backpack and anything else they feel like keeping after a 3rd offense, because apparently 3rd offense= supreme right.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you are enough of an idiot to be caught for the 3rd time and you KNOW the consequences then yes you deserve to have the phone taken away. otherwise what can be done? they will keep bringing it in.

take anything else they feel like keeping? that's ridiculous, cell phones are specifically against the rules and everyone knows it! you can't bring a knife to school, it will get taken away.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As stated at most you are paying like $10 for that month (hell it is probably saving you money because your kids talks/texts so much they can't even stop in school). 2 warnings is more than enough for a kid to know they need to stop doing something, if they don't learn their lesson and modify their behavior the school has the duty to teach them properly. That means taking away the toy they were too busy playing with to pay attention.

I can't believe there are that many people who think it is a bad idea for the school to take away the phone for chronic problem children. A cell phone is not a right.

If the school saw you driving like a maniac twice in the parking lot and you were warned about it, and continued to do it do you think that your parking pass should be revoked? The student (and their parents) have shown themselves unable to properly utilize a privledge the school offers (allowing the kids to carry cells, some schools don't even let them in the building anymore) if the kids can't live within the rules they are given with that right, the school should take action.

Out of curiousity how many PARENTS on here think the school was out of line? I have 2 kids, and if my are ever caught 3 damn times doing the same damn thing they were told not to do, losing their phone for a month won't matter, because they will lose all privledges for a month. THis ain't brain surgery, don't take your phone out in school, if you do there will be consequences.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I went to school parents and the school were on the same page. In the last 15 years they seem to have become adversaries.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-01-2007, 04:41 PM

I still think schools should direct more energy into teaching instead of all this micromanaging/social engineering BS.

If the kids is being disruptive or using their cell in class, kick 'em out of class.

From the sounds of it though, it sounds very zero-toleranceish which = muey retardo. If the kid wants to use their cell in the can, fine. On break, fine. At lunch, fine. In class == warn them once, kick 'em out the second time.

The whole, "we are keeping you cell phone for a month, na na na na" is retarded.

Is the objective here to foster a learning environment, or to teach the little pukes to follow procedures?
Old 02-01-2007, 04:49 PM

but parenting is the responsibility of the parent!
Old 02-01-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I still think schools should direct more energy into teaching instead of all this micromanaging/social engineering BS.

If the kids is being disruptive or using their cell in class, kick 'em out of class.

From the sounds of it though, it sounds very zero-toleranceish which = muey retardo. If the kid wants to use their cell in the can, fine. On break, fine. At lunch, fine. In class == warn them once, kick 'em out the second time.

The whole, "we are keeping you cell phone for a month, na na na na" is retarded.

Is the objective here to foster a learning environment, or to teach the little pukes to follow procedures?

[/ QUOTE ]

zero tolerance? wtf are you talking about?? it's a one day thing at first, then a week, THEN A MONTH FOR THE THIRD [censored] OFFENSE
Old 02-01-2007, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's my thing with cell phones. I don't think it should be a problem to talk on the phone anywhere its ok to talk to a person standing next to you. I mean, how is it more annoying to be talking on a phone than to have twice the number of people speaking?

Places its ok to use phone:
Car while driving
Restaurant
Grocery Store
Between classes at high school

Places its not ok:
Church
Movie theater
In class

[/ QUOTE ]

this is perfectly acceptable but a) keep your phone on [censored] vibrate or at least answer it or silence it as soon as it starts playing the theme song from sex in the [censored] city. b) realize that you don't have to talk twice as loud on a cell phone and that actually you can talk even lower than you would if you were talking to an actual person.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
muey retardo.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-01-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you're right, the teachers are just a bunch of fascists who want to keep the little pukes in line.

What a bunch of [censored].

The kids AREN'T LEARNING when they're texting all their other little puke friends 50 times a day.

To create a 'learning environment', the kids need to be FOCUSED ON LEARNING.

How [censored] stupid do you have to be not to see this?

Why are schools UNIVERSALLY trying to curtail/stop cell phone usage on school grounds? Because they're a bunch of Nazis? NO, because the phones INTERFERE WITH THE TEACHING PROCESS.

And still, no one has answered this question: WHY DO YOUR LITTLE PUKES NEED THEIR GODDAM CELL PHONES AT SCHOOL?