Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2006, 03:43 AM

Default Re: Radical Islam vs. Radical Christianity

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I don't agree with that, but why do you say western religion is more dangerous then all? I'm asumin you mean christianity.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say anything comparatively. I simply made a sweeping argument. Comparing evils is silly.
Old 09-17-2006, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, she doesn't have a point. When radical Christians hijack planes or blowup subways or trains, get back to me. These radical Christians in the US, Falwell, Robertson etc...try to influence politicians and voters to adopt their agenda. I disagree with many things in the agenda, but at least that is the American way.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about Christians whos agenda is trying to make current affairs match the book of revelations. This means trying to encourage nuclear war in the middle east.
Old 09-17-2006, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I could count the number of Radical Christians I have heard of that want to murder people on my fingers.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is they dont want to murder anyone, because they expect god to do all the murdering for them post rapture.

The differance between radical Islamics and radical Christians (at least born again christains aka endtimers) who believe it is now the end of days, is that the former mearly want to convert everyone to Islam, the latter want to use their power and influnece to try and help instigate the apocalypse.

I am 10000000000000 times more afraid of certian branches of radical christianity. Just because you can see the overt and obvious dangers of Islam, donst mean you should naively ignore more covert and potentialy far more destructive dangers.
Old 09-17-2006, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The differance between radical Islamics and radical Christians (at least born again christains aka endtimers) who believe it is now the end of days, is that the former mearly want to convert everyone to Islam, the latter want to use their power and influnece to try and help instigate the apocalypse.

[/ QUOTE ]

They merely want to convent people to Islam? If converting people is all they wanted to do, that would be fine with me. The Jehovah's Witnesses want to convert me when they knock on my door. They are mildly annoying, but I can ask them to leave. I don't have that option with radical Islamic terrorists.

As far as American end-timers who want to inact policies to further than end time beliefs..well, don't vote for them. If policies are enacted the American people don't like, they have some say. Again, we don't have that same option to stop radical Islamic terrorists. I don't see how any comparison is justified, let alone a belief that American Christians are more dangerous than radical Islamic terrorists. You must have a strong hatred of Christians to come to this conclusion.
Old 09-17-2006, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I could count the number of Radical Christians I have heard of that want to murder people on my fingers.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is they dont want to murder anyone, because they expect god to do all the murdering for them post rapture.

I am 10000000000000 times more afraid of certian branches of radical christianity. Just because you can see the overt and obvious dangers of Islam, donst mean you should naively ignore more covert and potentialy far more destructive dangers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im guessing you saw the same documentary here in the UK yesterday that i did.

Indeed End Timers are truly the most dangerous religious movement right now.

If they get their way (and you can argue that they are) then if they are wrong then we are all very very [censored].
Old 09-17-2006, 06:51 PM

The fact that you use the word hate immediately indicates that in fact you are the one with a emotional attachment to the issues.

I cant vote in American elections, and it is America where the endtimers have the most power and influence, especialy with the current administration.

My views far from being based on hatred is based on a clear objective rational understanding that radical Christians have alot more destructive potential than muslim radicals that dont have as their end goal the total destruction of the planet and humankind as do some radical christians.

To some powerfull and influential radical christians elements the Book of Relevations is now the most important text in the Bible. I assume I dont need to spell out what this means.

If one applys resaon one moves beyond a simple reflexive fear of overt and obvious danger and one looks deeper into the murky machinations which have as there aim destruction far beyond the scope of OBL et al. That is the deciding FACT. The aims of each group of radicals. The Christian radicals want to blow up the world and bring about the apocaplyse, what OBL wants to do is small potatoes in comparison.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All religion is dangerous and harmful.

[/ QUOTE ]

to be more precise - All Western religion is dangerous and harmful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I think all organized religion is dangerous and harmful (the individual theologies of any of the religions are neither harmful nor dangerous).

The danger and is hugely amplified whenever religion and politics, even start to get close.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think the president of Iran is trying to do? His plan is to unite the worlds 10 billion muslims into this goal.
Old 09-17-2006, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you think the president of Iran is trying to do? His plan is to unite the worlds 10 billion muslims into this goal.

[/ QUOTE ]
1) You have no proof Iran is trying to unite the muslim world
2) The american government placed the Iranian government in control
3) There are not even 10 billion people in the world, let alone muslims.
Old 09-17-2006, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, I think all organized religion is dangerous and harmful (the individual theologies of any of the religions are neither harmful nor dangerous).

The danger and is hugely amplified whenever religion and politics, even start to get close.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT