Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2007, 02:29 PM

Default $10R Stars: On final table bubble... please help!

There are 10 players left, obv the money is all at the top $5K for first, $175 for 10th. I reraised a few hands prior w/ AK and was called by A9. Other than that nothing out of the ordinary, I have not restolen at all.

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t16000 with t800 antes (5 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t281146)
CO (t239056)
Button (t419229)
Hero (t145342)
BB (t368404)

Preflop: Hero is in SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="red">UTG raises to t32000</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, Hero?
Old 01-21-2007, 02:36 PM

Default Re: $10R Stars: On final table bubble... please help!

If minraise is his standard raise cuz he's trying to pwn the FT bubble with his minraises, I shove...what is his image like?
Old 01-21-2007, 02:54 PM

I fold without a read he either A) doesn't understand pot odds and can fold when he should be called and/or B) hes one of those players who minraises QTo or JT cause he doesn't want to call a raise and you've seen that minraise = marginal and he raises normally or more with real hands
Old 01-21-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If minraise is his standard raise cuz he's trying to pwn the FT bubble with his minraises, I shove...what is his image like?

[/ QUOTE ]

He had min-raised a few times successfully without any calls. I was waiting for a spot to re-raise shove on him.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He had min-raised a few times successfully without any calls. I was waiting for a spot to re-raise shove on him.

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem is you don't have much FE. I push here all day if you have enough chips to make him fold A8 or QT, but really i think he might be forced to call with pretty much 100% of his raising range
Old 01-21-2007, 03:27 PM

I was worried about my FE but thought I might have just enough. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t16000 with t800 antes (5 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t281146)
CO (t239056)
Button (t419229)
Hero (t145342)
BB (t368404)

Preflop: Hero is in SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="red">UTG raises to t32000</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t144542 (All-in)</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>, UTG calls t112542

Flop: (t317084) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)

Turn: (t317084) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)

River: (t317084) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)

Villain has A9o
Old 01-21-2007, 03:50 PM

I stop and go.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I stop and go.

[/ QUOTE ]

So... you are saying that you let him play perfectly on the flop by folding any hand that you beat and calling with anything that has you beat?

Your 'go' is going to be an overbet significant enough to get looked up by most pairs as long as there is no ace on board (that is, of course, assuming he does not have an ace himself.)

This seems to be a terrible SNG spot.

Given the hero's read that this guy has been minraising a lot of steals I say:
Push &gt;&gt; Fold &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&g t;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;S&amp;G
Old 01-21-2007, 04:29 PM

pot will be about 85k we are shoving about 110k not that much of an overbet. He does fold sometimes a better pair if he has A6 and the boards KQ6 I don't see most players calling in that spot.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I stop and go.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your 'go' is going to be an overbet significant enough to get looked up by most pairs

[/ QUOTE ]

So stop and go, but don't shove? No one says you have to shove postflop if you think that pushing will look weak, so call preflop and cbet like 3/4 pot, and call if he comes over top on any board cause your commited to it anyway. If you think pushing looks weak and doesn't maximise FE, do whatever you think will.

I think i just fold this preflop most of the time tho