Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2006, 05:49 PM

Default Just a kinda irritating river spot, deep .75/1.5 on Full Tilt

I'm playing .75/1.5 deep stacked on Full Tilt heads up against this guy. Not much of a history. At this point there wasn't a whole lot of preflop reraising going on, but the button was basically raising or folding every hand, pretty standard stuff. Villain is fairly aggressive and appears to be capable of being tricky, but again, given the limited history, it's hard to say exactly.

In this hand I have about 450 in front and villain covers. I'm on the button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and open the pot $4.5, villain calls.

Flop ($9): J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

He checks, I pot, he thinks a while then calls. This bet seems pretty standard to me.

Turn ($27): J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

He thinks a while then checks. I'm not exactly sure what to do here. It's pretty easy for him to have all kinds of weird crap, from small pocket pairs, a five, A-high or a draw. On this turn he checks again, so my thinking is protect my hand. I bet $18. He thinks a while again, then calls.

River ($63): 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Ugh. I dunno, the more I think about it now, I guess it doesn't change a whole lot, cept that now at least I'm not losing to a bigger eight. I guess I'm suddenly ahead of a slowplayed set of fives, too, though that seems pretty unlikely.

So this guy checks pretty quickly. Can I really check this behind? There's got to be a chance he looks me up with like A-high or something, right? Or maybe 99 or TT? Or maybe he folds an 8? Wishful thinking? I dont know, looking for thoughts on that.

Now let's say you bet $50, and he ch/raises to 125. Turbofold?
Old 12-01-2006, 06:29 PM

Default Re: Just a kinda irritating river spot, deep .75/1.5 on Full Tilt

Definitely bet. About 35, because he will call with A-high or mid pairs. Fold to a big c/r.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:53 PM

Default Re: Just a kinda irritating river spot, deep .75/1.5 on Full Tilt

Isura nailed it, as always.