Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2006, 12:15 AM

Default Another AA hand at Stars PLO 100

Hero is UTG+1 with AA62 double suited in spades and hearts.

UTG limps, Hero limps, MP folds, CO folds, Button limps, SB raises to $3, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero pots it to $16, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: Qs-6d-7c

SB bets $64, UTG calls, Hero folds.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:01 AM

Default Re: Another AA hand at Stars PLO 100

[ QUOTE ]

UTG limps, Hero limps, MP folds, CO folds, Button limps, SB raises to $3, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero pots it to $16, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop play impossible to judge without stack sizes. Pre-flop re-raise is fine but I would have raised first. Of course if you don't raise/reraise a lot with hands other than aces, both of those plays would be questionable.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop I limp behind alot myself. Postflop perfect.

- B
Old 10-31-2006, 04:18 AM

Does anyone other than me see this as exactly the reason you should not reraise with AA preflop at this level of Pot Limit Omaha?

(Unless, that is, this player is limp-reraising an ostensibly wide variety of hands, but I suspect that is almost certainly not the case)
Old 10-31-2006, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone other than me see this as exactly the reason you should not reraise with AA preflop at this level of Pot Limit Omaha?

(Unless, that is, this player is limp-reraising an ostensibly wide variety of hands, but I suspect that is almost certainly not the case)

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're scared of ever ending up in tough spots on the flop, then yes. By all means, play double-suited aces like any other big pair. Most nitty 2+2ers will agree with you.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop play impossible to judge without stack sizes. Pre-flop re-raise is fine but I would have raised first. Of course if you don't raise/reraise a lot with hands other than aces, both of those plays would be questionable.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, my stack is ~150 after the re-raise. I have both others covered. I believe SB is ~100, UTG ~80.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I have a pretty lame standard for opening a pot in Omaha, and I'm not quite sure how correct it is. I'll often open with any three broadway cards, suited or not. I'll open with (don't know the term, runners?) hands like 9-10-J-Q.

I don't think I'm at the point yet where I'm limp reraising with tricky hands, but at the same time, I'm not limp re-raising any AA. I'm perfectly content getting $15 in the pot four or five ways with such a strong hand. I don't have a problem folding hands like these if I don't connect.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:08 AM

If you're limp reraising lots of different hands, not just AAxx and your opponents know this, then the preflop line is fine.

Otherwise, you may as well type AAxx in the chat window and allow your oppoenents to play perfectly against you postflop.

Postflop in this hand is easy fold based on the action that took place.