Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you rather be broke as a joke or a filthy rich overweight AxisOfEvilian?
Broke as a Joke 13 24.53%
Filthy rich overweight AxisOfEvilian 40 75.47%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 11:59 AM

Default Re: Official JUNE uNL **\'`MICROBREW THREAD`\'** LC/NC this way...

whats wrong with lagtards pushing allin when they sense weakness? Iv induced weakness 3 times today and stacked the lagtard twice, cos he 'smelled weakness'.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:06 PM

Hi guys,

I didn't want to make a new thread so hopefully someone can help me here.

I am going over my PT stats right now and I am looking at my W$SD. It is absolutely awful at a mind boggling 41.6%. This just seems really bad. I am a SNG player trying to become a winning cash game player and am working really hard. I know this should be above 50%. How can I work to make that happen? I am thinking it has to do with playing too many marginal hands out of position and making marginal calls where I am not sure if I am ahead. What do you guys think?

Any and all advice appreciated. Hopefully someone can lend a hand.

Cheers.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"Party may be looser and crazier than FT or PS, but it is not necessarily easier".

Discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

'Nothing beats a good old american donk' (Quote from MSNL party regs thread discussing the same issue)

[/ QUOTE ]

There is one fundamental issue that will probably always set American players apart from others: in the US - as far as I understand it - poker is a much more common game. In most parts of Europe it's known but very unusual to actually play it. I don't think that there was any home game culture in recent years (I can't say about scandinavia. It seems to be more widespread there, too). It was more or less an underground thing. So the approach that European players take is usually completely different: they either are informed and in some way educated (which doesn't necessarily mean that they are any good) or they just recently learned about the opportunity to play it online and want to be cool or don't know that there is any strategy and they don't care, because they think it's all a big gamble anyway. There isn't this level of players that play with a "feel" for the game as they always played in their homegames mixed with a little common wisdom like "don't draw to inside straights" etc., like it is wide spread among US players, who do not think they need any education because they think they know how to play the game decently.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:09 PM

The soft weak passive player is of that latter American kind, imo, btw.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:10 PM

Euro players play in a way that is harder to profit from but is no less profitable. You just have to adapt. They are more than capable of throwing their money at you, you just have to be more adept at spotting how it is that they do it.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:14 PM

first and last hand of the day, I had the "double up ants in the pants"

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($5.15)
CO ($11.10)
Button ($20.50)
SB ($17.35)
Hero ($10)
UTG ($2)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $0.10.
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $0.10, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.40) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, UTG folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $9.9</font>, SB calls $5.90.

Turn: ($20.20) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: ($20.20) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $20.20

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has 2h 2c (three of a kind, twos).
Hero has Jh Ah (two pair, aces and jacks).
Outcome: SB wins $20.20. </font>
Old 06-07-2007, 12:16 PM

HAS ANYONE HEARD OF 3RD BULLET POKER?? this sounds too good to be true:

Third Bullet is a prominent online poker room with an underground theme and a unique ranking system. You are invited to join our elite poker community with these exciting new offers.
$500 New Depositor Freeroll

Deposit now and play at our June 14, 2007 freeroll at 9:30 p.m. E.D.S.T. To register, click on the "Tny List" tab and choose the TB $500 Freeroll tournament.
350% First Time Deposit Bonus

Please use the code TB350 when making your first deposit for a whopping 350% bonus up to $1750. This special code allows for a 25% faster clearance than our normal bonuses.

Winner's Bounty

Third Bullet rewards good play. We were the first to offer a Winner's Bounty--which pays you up to $300 just for being a winning player. If you are ranked a Grinder or higher, just win more than your deposits each month, and Third Bullet will pay you up to $300. Check out the details in Third Bullet’s What's New page.

Four New Player $50 Newbie Sit &amp; Go Tournaments

Entry to 4 free Sit and Go tournaments for $50 just for signing up. See What's New for details.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:22 PM

I don't know if I am a typical euro, but I started by reading a book on poker before making my first deposit online ... lol
Old 06-07-2007, 12:22 PM

Check the terms and conds dude, that bonus will clear slower than plate tectonics at the micros. And bet on the minimum deposit being hiiiigh.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:31 PM

On a different note ... I had forgotten how sick soft 50NL is ... whoa!
Closed Thread