Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 11:05 PM

Default Ugly A7 shorthanded, plz evaluate/berate

I'm mainly concerned about PF and Turn decisions here. To what extent (if any) is this spew?

Villains are LP mouthbreathers, none are playing any kind of definable line other than "cards is fun, any two can win!"

Everest Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.05./$0.1
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) TheLamprey is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
TheLamprey calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5SB, 5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">TheLamprey bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4BB, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">TheLamprey bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (7BB, 3 players)
SB checks, TheLamprey checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, SB folds, TheLamprey folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to CO.

Results:
Final pot: 7BB
Old 10-25-2007, 11:08 PM

Default Re: Ugly A7 shorthanded, plz evaluate/berate

PF is terrible.

Turn is awful
Old 10-25-2007, 11:26 PM

river is perfect.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:27 PM

Yes, expert fold on the river.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
river is perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

no way we only have to be good 1:7 times to win

bad river fold
Old 10-25-2007, 11:35 PM

ok ok you got me. I was just making fun of the troll and it backfired. Who's the troll now?
&lt;------ [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] sorry...
Old 10-25-2007, 11:48 PM

playing ace rag in EP is pretty bad.

Rob, tell us what were YOUR thought processes on the turn? what are you hoping to achieve by betting? doing so will help you get better at poker as well as help show you aint no troll or a gimmick account that just so happens to be up to date with the lingo we use round these ere parts.

also it seems like you dont treat your opponents with much respect at all which probably is a contributor to your spewy play here...tis be a slippery slope
Old 10-26-2007, 09:25 AM

* grunch *

Preflop:
I'm not playing off-suit small aces in early position, especially limping. This kind of hand doesn't play well multiway so limping is not good. A raise often gets a call from a hand dominating us (in full ring). If you are going to play this raise it - it works often enough in 5max.

Flop:
Bottom pair and the nut-FD. You probably have a clear equity edge so betting out is good to build a bigger pot while having the best of it. Going for a c/r is risky as you can't be sure anyone will bet as nobody raised preflop and board can look scary to a lot of hands. You should probably raise if given chance and two or more villains are still in the pot with you.

Turn:
Your equity probably just collapsed. Your opponents are supposedly loose calling stations that won't fold. You probably aren't ahead anymore, in equity or currently. Check and try to get a free card for your draw, passive villains might give it.

River:
Hmm. I might bet hoping the villains were drawing and might even fold but that could be hoping too much. Loose passives will often call even with a T here. Folding to a raise from passive villains is easy though.

b/f or c/f, maybe c/f though - I'm not assured we'd get many folds from any hands better than us, not even from Ts.

EDIT: After reading other responses I obviously missed the gutshot on the turn. However, it probably doesn't change our equity much as our outs can give others a split or better hand. Still checking the turn.

River, hmm. Maybe c/f is bad here. Yet, as the villains are assumedly passive they aren't likely to bet the river as a bluff or 66 or smaller pp. So I don't think there's value in checking as to induce bluffs. It's probably pretty tight between c/c or b/f. Betting might get some folds from Ts. On the other, Ts might not bet if we check. I dunno.