Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 11-27-2007, 08:14 AM

Default Weird top 2 hand vs \"tag\"

Villian is running 23/17 over about 50 hands with aggression on all streets >3. I would call him a tag from his stats but he limped preflop so I'm thinking that may not be the case at all.

I was confident he'd bet the turn if I checked it but didn't expect to be 3 bet back again. At this point I really couldn't pinpoint a hand for him, I think my line looks quite bluffy too.

What is the best thing to do here? I'm leaning towards push to get value from FD, funky overpairs etc. I really can't see him having any hand with a 4 in it, so 99/TT are the only hands that beat me but there is only 1 combo of each so both hugely unlikely.

iPoker No-Limit Texas Hold'em (NL100), $1.00 BB (5 handed) SilverKitty Hand History converter by www.pokeronline.com.ua

Hero ($98.5)
MP3 ($144.15)
CO ($98.05)
Button ($60.6)
SB ($150.75)

SB: Post SB $0.50
Hero: Post BB $1.00

Preflop:
Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, CO Call $1, Button Call $1, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero Check

Flop:($3.5) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]<font color="#0030DD">(3 players)</font>
Hero Bet $3, CO Call $3, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>

Turn:($9.5) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]<font color="#0030DD">(2 players)</font>
Hero Check, CO Bet $6, Hero Raise $17, CO Raise $39, Hero ???
Old 11-27-2007, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Weird top 2 hand vs \"tag\"

well, u took a random line which makes this difficult. in his eyes you could definitely have a 4 here and its kinda what you're reppin but yet he doesnt really seem to care... I think I'd let this go but would have just bet the turn myself and played it from there since the board is so wet.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:26 AM

I was thinking about this while trying to sleep last night and I suddenly realised that overpairs are now ahead.

While JJ-AA are unlikely because of the pf limp they are definitely in his range. I now agree that this is probably a fold, I think.

I was shocked that it took me about 12 hours to realise that the 4 counterfeited my 2 pair though [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2007, 07:31 AM

JJ+ is a really tiny portion of his range. By taking this weird line you're overrepping a hands that's really strong. Just bet the turn.