Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 10:53 AM

Default Plz help me developing a turn c/r strategy

I was told by someone here that i play uncreative and would like to change this, especiall vs good regulars!
I hope that you can say with which hands this particular play is best or if a simple bet is just inferior.

Game is 6handed and Nl2k, 100BB effective.

Hero raises to 70 from UTG or Utg and is called from Co or Bu. Rest folds.

170$ in a HU pot now.
Flop is:
Ks8s2h
Hero bets 140 and Villain calls.

Turn: Td 450$

I would like to include a c/r here into my game, which should at best be balanced between made hands and semibluffs

Hero`s range: AK/65s/88/AQ

A c/shove would be a small overbet most of the time and everything else looks stupid i think.

I did some math, if i c/r with my major draw Villains "calling folding ratio must be "1 call:1,75 fold"

Do you like mixing in a c/r with these hands and if yes, which one would you prefer?

PS: If you are uninterested or want to flame me, plz Pm me pr open up an extra thread and link it in here, but plz don`t spam this post.
I really want to improve my game and hope that some of you help me.

Thx
Old 10-17-2007, 11:00 AM

Default Re: Plz help me developing a turn c/r strategy

Recallme,
You basically started a thread that was how do I play poker?
Old 10-17-2007, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Recallme,
You basically started a thread that was how do I play poker?

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Plz help me developing a turn c/r strategy

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF
These posts lately by recallme CANNOT be serious?
Old 10-17-2007, 11:36 AM

I'll help. When OOP, try checking the turn instead of betting again. Then, should your opponent bet, you can now raise. Voila.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:33 PM

I would really be interested in how i deserved all your hate.
I included math into my post and didn`t just ask fold or raise, but asked which ranges are good in which ratio should i play them.

We could try to think together.

And plz learn reading. I asked to just open a flaming thread so you can post your random [censored] [censored] about me there. I apreciate that.

Back to topic. If someone wanna help me and perhaps work with me on that he can either post it here or send me a PM.
Thx
Old 10-17-2007, 12:37 PM

Recallme,
The thing is your thread is basically asking how should I play poker, there are so many variables that its impossible for anyone to give a decent answer.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:47 PM

Back to small stakes? Is English your first language?
Old 10-17-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I included math into my post and didn`t just ask fold or raise, but asked which ranges are good in which ratio should i play them.

And plz learn reading. I asked to just open a flaming thread so you can post your random [censored] [censored] about me there. I apreciate that.

Back to topic. If someone wanna help me and perhaps work with me on that he can either post it here or send me a PM.
Thx

[/ QUOTE ]

In all due respect recallme,in the last few weeks(i am assuming you are struggling or on some sort of downswing at 10/20) the majority of your posts are such,and dont take me word for word plz:

1. AJo on a K 9 4 board...you C-bet,villian CALLS ...Turn is BLANK you second barrel villian CALLS...and your question is .."should I keep firing away"?

2.You CONSTANTLY talk about..."I sat down,built my stack the past 2 hrs,but me and villain havnt tangled much",but proceed to have 75% of your stack in the pot with no clue or plan...then ask what should I do?

3."I have the second nut flush to a hyper-aggro donk,and he check-rasies the river all-in on the river...do you think he has the A"?

4."I have QQ against some aggro donk...the flop is all blank unders....blah blah blah...the turn is a K..."is he bluffing"?

C'mon man,
I know I am chastised here alot,but maybe you are playing over your head at 10/20 and whatever success you might have had...has now caught up with you due to variance/just being lucky or whatever,and not from good ,solid play?

I am NOT busting your balls ,but being honest.It seems you are posting some very basic NL stuff that you are totally perplexed by,and this post about "please give me a strategy to win"...is even more perplexing,if indeed you are a consistant winner at these levels?

Fire away guys

~stephen
Old 10-17-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thx

[/ QUOTE ]

In all due respect recallme,in the last few weeks(i am assuming you are struggling or on some sort of downswing at 10/20) the majority of your posts are such,and dont take me word for word plz:

1. AJo on a K 9 4 board...you C-bet,villian CALLS ...Turn is BLANK you second barrel villian CALLS...and your question is .."should I keep firing away"?

2.You CONSTANTLY talk about..."I sat down,built my stack the past 2 hrs,but me and villain havnt tangled much",but proceed to have 75% of your stack in the pot with no clue or plan...then ask what should I do?

3."I have the second nut flush to a hyper-aggro donk,and he check-rasies the river all-in on the river...do you think he has the A"?

4."I have QQ against some aggro donk...the flop is all blank unders....blah blah blah...the turn is a K..."is he bluffing"?

C'mon man,
I know I am chastised here alot,but maybe you are playing over your head at 10/20 and whatever success you might have had...has now caught up with you due to variance/just being lucky or whatever,and not from good ,solid play?

I am NOT busting your balls ,but being honest.It seems you are posting some very basic NL stuff that you are totally perplexed by,and this post about "please give me a strategy to win"...is even more perplexing,if indeed you are a consistant winner at these levels?

Fire away guys

~stephen

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you are so [censored] wrong and not one of your points is anywhere near the truth.

1. It was a 3bet pot in which i had a gutter and wanted to shoot the second barrel and there wasn`t a real consens about not doing it.

2. This was exactly one post and i explained that i stopped playing during this time and just came back.

3. I don`t remember anything like that.

4. There was twice a good argument for him having a bluff! The board!!

5. I have no problem getting money pre in with AK/TT/AT.
Crablar even included me to the top players on PS 10/20 ( i am not there but i would like to get there.

6. Parlez vous francais?
Kannst du deutsch?
Oh no, it`s not my first language and i think my posts are easy to understand.
Sry that it`s not harvard english, but here it`s about poker.

I never saw any real reason to defend myself, but you wrote such a [censored] amount of [censored] in 1/2 a page that i can`t let it unresponded.

And no i am not willing for HU for rolls! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]I suck at HU.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:20 PM

Recallme plays way better than his posts would have you think and better than some of you constantly going out of your way to respond negatively to his posts. He also seems to be trying very hard to improve so I am sure he will have last laugh.

Recallme, I choose not to respond to your posts simply because I am lazy and you ask huge questions.