Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 11-27-2007, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Lloyd Carr Retiring

[ QUOTE ]
http://michigan.rivals.com/

According to Rivals, Ferentz is no longer an option for the Wolverines and will not be the next coach. I'm not a subscriber to Rivals, but the article was reposted in various places and you can get th gist of it by checking out the various Michigan fan sites/blogs.

So big sigh of relief here if it's true he's no longer a candidate. Teh intraweb and its many tubes are bad for my health.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first sentence of that article says:

"Rumors of Iowa head coach Kirk Ferentz arriving in Ann Arbor last night were debunked, but his name remains among those at the very top of the coaching search to replace Michigan's Lloyd Carr."
Old 11-27-2007, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
http://michigan.rivals.com/

According to Rivals, Ferentz is no longer an option for the Wolverines and will not be the next coach. I'm not a subscriber to Rivals, but the article was reposted in various places and you can get th gist of it by checking out the various Michigan fan sites/blogs.

So big sigh of relief here if it's true he's no longer a candidate. Teh intraweb and its many tubes are bad for my health.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first sentence of that article says:

"Rumors of Iowa head coach Kirk Ferentz arriving in Ann Arbor last night were debunked, but his name remains among those at the very top of the coaching search to replace Michigan's Lloyd Carr."

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm not a paid subscriber, but the article has been reposted elsewhere on the internet. Within the article, it says he's no longer a candidate. There's copyright liability that extends to the actual expression of the language contained in the Rivals post, and I know 2p2 is big on that, so I'm not going to copy and paste here.

Again, it's just more internet rumors, make of it what you'd like.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:51 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/s...=ESPNHeadlines

"LSU athletic director Skip Bertman confirmed Wednesday night through spokesman Herb Vincent that his Michigan counterpart, Bill Martin, has officially requested permission to speak with Les Miles about becoming the next coach of the Wolverines.

Bertman requested that the meeting not take place until after LSU plays Tennessee Saturday for the SEC championship. Martin told Bertman he will comply."
Old 11-28-2007, 10:59 PM

Haha I hope Martin just used this Ferentz stuff to make anyone who might not want Miles be wayyyyyyy more grateful for getting him.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:06 PM

My buddy has scout.com insider, I don't, so I can't c/p the story here, but he said that McGuffie might leave if Miles is our next coach.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My buddy has scout.com insider, I don't, so I can't c/p the story here, but he said that McGuffie might leave if Miles is our next coach.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, we were bound to lose a recruit or two with the new coach, that always happens, and from the beginning people had been saying that McGuffie was one of the most likely. I wish he'd stay, but let's remember that he's a 4*, good solid player with a chance at being a star, but he's still more hype than player at this point. I realize that's true of all recruits, but if you buy that ratings have some value then some are more likely to be stars than others.

The curious part is where he'd go. His other top choice was TAMU; they're not exactly the model of stability at the moment.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:30 PM

McGuffie was a threat to jump because his recruiter was UM's RB coach. A lot of people thought Miles would bring his RB coach with him since he is a really, really good recruiter, so the coach McGuffie has the best relationship with would be out. Kind of understandable, but still sucks.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:55 PM

I'm more concerned about Boubacar Cissoko than McGuffie. Cissoko is still committed, but he has scheduled other visits. If we could only keep one out of those two, give me Cissoko. Having seen McGuffie play in that ESPN2 game a month ago, I have some doubts on him being a big time tailback.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm more concerned about Boubacar Cissoko than McGuffie. Cissoko is still committed, but he has scheduled other visits. If we could only keep one out of those two, give me Cissoko. Having seen McGuffie play in that ESPN2 game a month ago, I have some doubts on him being a big time tailback.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Really loved the idea of having Warren and Trent with Cissoko getting time as a NB, then having Warren and Cissoko as CB's together for two years...mmmm. And FWIW Illinois sounds like they're trying to woo Cissoko (Zook is obviously a great recruiter). He'd be the one to keep above all others. But really we don't have a Mallett or Henson or whatever, any top 20-can't miss-5 star that it'd be killer to lose. We'd recover from that anyway, but whatever happens is but a small bump in the road compared to the benefits a new and better coaching staff can bring in.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:32 AM

Whatever, when we go 3-9 in 3 years I'll be the first to BLAME LLOYD AHHHHHH