Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 11:12 PM

Default FTOPS #1 very tough river spot...

I've been accused of making/thinking about making too big of folds in tourny's, so maybe this is a no-brainer for most. Started the hand with around 2700 chips. The only read I have on villain is that he's sneaky, checking behind from bb vs. sb with AA and flat calling flop.

I put him on a draw the entire hand, either 56 or clubs. On the river I figure he just calls with a K, folds a missed draw, and maybe raises maybe calls with a worse 7, probably raises A7, and obviously all in with a straight or boat. Anyway...

Hero: Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Four players limped to the flop.

K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I lead out for 150, bb calls, the rest fold.

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet 255 into 400 (maybe a little small), bb calls

River: K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet 555 into 900 or so, leaving 1600 behind. Villain (he has me covered) thinks for a few seconds and pushes all in...

Also, with 10 seconds left on time i say this is rough, and he replies you know you can't call...