Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 10:22 PM

Default Pocket 2\'s: Is this good 1 in 9 here?

table is extremely loose and passive, haven't seen a table like this in a long time. Players to my left constantly limp or raise early and then fold if they miss.

BB is another one of these mavericks who plays 45/30/1.0 guys who likes big pots.

Didn't think the flop would come to me but I bet it and hoped that since this is the first time I limped into the pot since I sat down someone at least would think I had a set.

Was basically trying to buy a free card here.

Turn was a low miss, actually a perfect card. I have played tricky a few times already because of dingleberry in the BB. I decided to use the free card option here and checked it. Two weak passive players checked behind me.

River I hit the flush and 3 guys check to me... do I hit it?

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

River: (9 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ...</font>,
Old 10-18-2007, 10:31 PM

Default Re: Pocket 2\'s: Is this good 1 in 9 here?

Check the river Smurph. Dunno about the flop bet trying to buy a free card with all of these players in the pot, drawing to the lowest flush. You got your desired outcome on the river and are still in a 0 to - EV spot.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:46 PM

check the flop. you rarely have the best hand and ~never have the best draw. nothing meaningful is going to fold getting 13:1 anyway.

as played, it's tempting to bet because the pot is big and some worse hands (2pair, straight) might call and some better hands might fold rather than overcall (6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5x or something). but the pot size works against you as well, especially since the table is loose anyway -- *someone* is looking you up.

i prefer checking. i don't mind showing down the taint flush for free.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:55 PM

hahahaha what the [censored] are you doing on the flop =/
Old 10-18-2007, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hahahaha what the [censored] are you doing on the flop =/

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 10-19-2007, 12:35 AM

i lol'd
Old 10-19-2007, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

River: (9 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ...</font>,

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, just wow. You should seriously check your diet and see if you are taking in any source of lead, cuz I am speechless that the correct play is a question in your mind.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:41 AM

flop bet is awful.

a river bet would be similarly awful, and rather pointless.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:04 AM

check river. you'll lose in many ways, higher flush, some paired on the board. if there was any evidence of a 2 pair, you would have heard from them on the flop with raises
Old 10-19-2007, 01:14 AM

BB likes big pots but I knew he didn't have a club when he checked the flop. I have never seen him check/raise and I have seen him fold 20% of his hands on the flop.

Clearly a fit or fold guy. The only way he bets the turn is if he hits two pair or better.

Both small blind and UTG have no aggro on the flop but they check/raise the turn very often.

The two after me only called down no matter what they had unless they have a monster then they will bet or check/raise the river. They also have a very high fold number for guys that play a lot of hands, around 30%.

So all things considered, it's a big pot, I am usually betting out if I bet the flop so the guys in front of me are going to try a check/raise on the turn if they do have a good hand and I hoped the two passives would fold if they had weak holdings.

Considering they play around 60% of their hands and have no concept of pot odds, I hoped they would fold and my free card opportunity comes through.

I am up around 20 bb at this time against the table and have won 70% at showdown with huge holdings that have the limpers totally dominated. I figured that they would fold if they didn't have good holdings and that I could get the weak guys after me to fold if I showed my usual strength on the 3 flush board. I was looking to bet my two outs for a set or one of the eight clubs so I had ten outs with 2 cards to come. My equity wasn't so bad here. I took a gamble.

If I wasn't paired I would probably do it against this group with 9 of clubs or better.

That is why I bet the flop.