Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 06:40 PM

Default Re: Beat: my knees

[ QUOTE ]
i got the osgood - schlatter disease like 4-5 years ago from playing a lot of sports. It hurt a lot at first (although not as much as you are descriving), especially when I was running. I kept playing soccer and tennis though and it never went away. It still hurts today but I've gotten so used to it. The biggest side effect is probably that I now have a bump below my knee cap that sticks out quite a lot (maybe a bit less than an inch). When I sit down, it almost looks like I have two knees on both legs.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i got that bump too. thats right where it hurts
Old 09-22-2007, 06:45 PM

It's probably because you spend your life infront a computer eating cheetos.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's probably because you spend your life infront a computer eating cheetos.

[/ QUOTE ]

i spend my life in front of a computer eating cheetos cause i can barely [censored] walk, and i can barely [censored] walk cause i spend my life in front of a computer eating cheetos

vicious cycle imo
Old 09-22-2007, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i got the osgood - schlatter disease like 4-5 years ago from playing a lot of sports. It hurt a lot at first (although not as much as you are descriving), especially when I was running. I kept playing soccer and tennis though and it never went away. It still hurts today but I've gotten so used to it. The biggest side effect is probably that I now have a bump below my knee cap that sticks out quite a lot (maybe a bit less than an inch). When I sit down, it almost looks like I have two knees on both legs.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i got that bump too. thats right where it hurts

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing I did to make it better was wear a brace when i played. I did that for a while but it didn't help that much so I just learned to deal with the pain. I don't exercise nearly as much now as I used to but I don't think the bump has gotten smaller

not my knee, but this is what it looks like. mine has looked like this for about 4-5 years now
Old 09-22-2007, 06:51 PM

damnnnn your bump is huge compared to mine
Old 09-22-2007, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Something to look forward to then

I think mine may be a bit bigger than that picture actually. I doubt yours will get that big unless you exercise a lot. I played sports around 20 hours a week throughout high school and that was the result. But as I said, mine haven't gotten smaller since I stopped so i dunno what to tell you
Old 09-22-2007, 07:02 PM

op maybe your knees wouldnt be so [censored] up if you stopped suckin all that dickkkkkkkkkkkkk
Old 09-22-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tendon problems. probably "jumper knee"

[/ QUOTE ]

i have tendonitis (jumpers knee) at the bottom of my knee cap real bad on my left leg. but this is like 1.5inches below that and in both legs.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
well actually right at the very top of the shinbone

[/ QUOTE ]

The bottom of the knee and the top of the shinbone are like the same thing. Shin splints maybe?

When people say go to the doctor they mean actually go to the doctor, MRIs and [censored]. If you care about it this much. If you're normally sedentary it's not that big of a deal.

Or just man up and walk it off.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:06 PM

Had it as well, Ive been lazy the last two years (online poker obv) compared to highschool and bump and pain is still there, I dont think its particularly bad like one poster said you get used to it.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Something to look forward to then

I think mine may be a bit bigger than that picture actually. I doubt yours will get that big unless you exercise a lot. I played sports around 20 hours a week throughout high school and that was the result. But as I said, mine haven't gotten smaller since I stopped so i dunno what to tell you

[/ QUOTE ]

i played bball/football in high school. i had no problems til my senior year of bball when i got tendonitis in left knee. hurt incredibly bad to jump, play d, and even run hard. couldnt sit out cause it was senior year obv. that just started getting better after like 2 years.

this pain is new though, i havent been nearly as active in the past 2 years (mostly since its so painful to run and wwhatnot) but i occasionally play pick up bball/fball, but this just started out of nowhere basically.