Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2007, 07:17 PM

Default Re: Right handed vs left handed things

[ QUOTE ]
Strumming takes more coordination then fingering.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know if you're responding to me or the OP. I kinda said the same thing.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
pron

[/ QUOTE ]

Left hand >>>> right, and this coming from a righty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Opposite hand is too much work. It feels like I'm getting a handjob from a retard.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is why i like it. it brings back memories of when i was a counselor at that camp for special people.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Side note: I noticed you right-handers switch your fork to your left hand and your knife to your right to cut a piece of steak, then switch the fork back to your right to eat it. That is so weird. My fork always stays in my left hand, and I just cut with my right. No switching required.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fork etiquette

Also: There is a scissor in my kitchen that I'd been using for years and it hurt me every time. Turns out my left-handed mom had bought a left-handed scissor so now we've got 2 scissors.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How common is it to use differant hands for certain things, for instance: I write with my left hand but throw with my right hand. Why would I do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

More common when you're young. Lots of kids are ambidexterous for a long time before choosing one side or the other and habituating to it permanently. I used to be able to do everything but write just as well with my left as my right.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:14 PM

It seems to me that driving a stick shift is better for a left-handed person (I'm left-handed, BTW). When shifting, you are steering with your left hand, which, IMO requires more coordination than shifting. Of course this only applies to countries where you drive on the right side of the street (so steering wheel is on the left side of the car), not to England, Australia, Japan or other countries where they drive on the wrong -- oops I mean the left -- side of the street.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:35 PM

op what are you talking about? almost everything is designed for righties. Hendrix was a lefty who played the guitar upside down and backwards.Why would he do it if guitars were easier to play lefty?
Ideally you would play sports lefty and do everything else righty. I played basbeall with a few kids who hit and threw righty and did everything else in life lefty which I thought was the worst of both worlds.

Im a lefty and i always loved trying to watch a righty use a lefthanded desk in school.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
op what are you talking about? almost everything is designed for righties. Hendrix was a lefty who played the guitar upside down and backwards.Why would he do it if guitars were easier to play lefty?
Ideally you would play sports lefty and do everything else righty. I played basbeall with a few kids who hit and threw righty and did everything else in life lefty which I thought was the worst of both worlds.

Im a lefty and i always loved trying to watch a righty use a lefthanded desk in school.

[/ QUOTE ]

did you read the OP?
Old 09-15-2007, 08:39 PM

yea and i disagree with what he said
i think guitars and video game controls are easier to use right handed
Old 09-15-2007, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Side note: I noticed you right-handers switch your fork to your left hand and your knife to your right to cut a piece of steak, then switch the fork back to your right to eat it. That is so weird. My fork always stays in my left hand, and I just cut with my right. No switching required.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fork etiquette

Also: There is a scissor in my kitchen that I'd been using for years and it hurt me every time. Turns out my left-handed mom had bought a left-handed scissor so now we've got 2 scissors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man where do you all learn all this etiquette stuff? Seems so ridiculous and arbitrary. I noticed it said a left hander is not required to do the hand switching stuff, just that he's supposed to put down the knife between bites, but apparently a right-hander is not allowed in the same fashion to cut with his left hand.

Edit: Oops, posted under my brother's account. This is Dilznoofus.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:46 PM

the 3 things i know about this:

1. jimmy hendrix was a left hander.

2. while left and right handers have at average the same iq, it is not equaly distributed. the left handers curve is more flat, so there are more retarded and more highly intelligent left handers out there.

3. h.g. wells was a left hander.