Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2006, 03:44 AM

Default MLET 2006 Group One Participants Seatings and Rules of Play.

Nine players volunteered to participate in a little poker tournament experience for bragging rights and hopefully learning experience.

The objective is outlined in this thread Email Tournament Idea

Here are the rules.

5 tables are played simultaneously for one orbit each (45 hand total) via email. Each participant shall have a bankroll of 15bb per table. The sb and the bb shall both be .5bb for simplicity sake.

Players will be given their cards for the first round at the five tables. Players must play at least one hand of the five for one preflop bet in each round.

UTG will respond to their first move by Monday Oct 9 at 12 am et.

They will include all reasons for their actions and comments on future and past plays for the hands.

At the end of each action all participants will be emailed the action made by the player(only the action) who is in turn. The next player to act has 24 hours to submit his response. Non action players can submit any thoughts on the previous action at any time prior to the completion of the hand. Each player will have 2 all-ins for the orbit total for the 5 tables if they do not respond in 24 hours. In the event of a third timeout, they will fold the hand and either dropped from the tournament or replaced by a surrogate with the bankroll and conditions of the tables remaining intact.

At the hand completion everyone has 24 hours to submit a summary evaluation if they so choose.

The actions will be posted in this thread as the action proceeds. There shall be no card discussions by the players in this thread other than table talk if they choose. Everyone else is welcome to blind sweat the action and make comments and speculations about the ensuing play.

When all 5 hands are complete, I will post all the notes I have recieved in order to be reviewed by everyone. The readers are then asked to vote for the person in that round who had the most in depth commentary of their thoughts on the 5 hands for the round.

(If interest continues a second and third orbit will proceed with the top 3 of group one and group two (if there is a group 2) or the top 6 of group one. Bankrolls will be reset to 15bb each on one 6 max table.

Again if there is interest top two will compete in an online Heads up realtime event(conditions to be determined) for the championship title of MLET 2006.

Hers are the Tables and players seat position assignments(randomly selected).

Table Molson (first hand button is on position 1)

Position 1 Bona
Position 2 Stormy455
Position 3 Guruman
Position 4 AussieBattler
Position 5 bravos1
Position 6 22pajo
Position 7 Al_Money22
Position 8 Str8fish
Position 9 Thrakkar

Table Labatt

Bona
AussieBattler
Stormy
Guruman
Al
22pajo
str8fish
bravos1
thrakkar

Table Sleeman

Guruman
Thrakkar
bravos1
str8fish
aussie
stormy
22pajo
bona
Al

Table Lakeport

Al
22pajo
str8fish
thrakkar
bona
guruman
bravos1
stormy
aussie

Table Creemore Springs

bravos1
guruman
bona
stormy
Al
Aussie
Thrakkar
22pajo
str8fish

I am sending out the PM's shortly and expect first hand actions returned to me by Monday midnight from
position 4 players.

Hope that covers everything.... good luck all.
Old 10-07-2006, 05:23 AM

Default Re: MLET 2006 Group One Participants Seatings and Rules of Play.

All first five hands have now been sent and play will commence before Monday at midnight. Please make sure you keep your hole cards secret!

(especially if you are sitting next to str8fish, he has great perephrial (Doc did I spell that right?) vision) Waitress will be around shortly for your cocktail selections and shadow says he will cover all the tips so good luck all!

Please guys if there are nine more people interested let me know in this post or through PM.

I can start another session for next week.
Old 10-07-2006, 09:04 AM

Jeez, I must have missed the post the first time round. Maybe cos you only left it open for about three minutes! I'd really liked to be in next time.
Old 10-07-2006, 09:46 AM

Table 4, Sleeman - Str8fish UTG, folds. Aussie, your turn.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:04 PM

oh no no no mister str8fish, mail me your actions and your reasons don't post them lol. I post them after the betting round is done.

Drzen we need 8 more volunteers for the next session if you are game for it. That is why it wasn't up for long, it's going to take a long time to play hands. Figured two groups of nine would work out best.

So second group is good to go for next week. Recruit your opponents!
Old 10-07-2006, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Table 4, Sleeman - Str8fish UTG, folds. Aussie, your turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that fold UTG tell us that you play seriously (for a change) or are you just trying to deceive us? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Duh, poker can drive you mad once you get into your opponents head... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2006, 12:23 PM

Until I get the email from him this could just be a ploy....

"It's wabbit hunting season"
Old 10-07-2006, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jeez, I must have missed the post the first time round. Maybe cos you only left it open for about three minutes! I'd really liked to be in next time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-07-2006, 02:15 PM

I sent you the e-mail Smurf! Did you not get it?!
Old 10-07-2006, 02:48 PM

yep just got it, must have been delayed, but I will post the round on the boards after its completed otherwise people may react out of position.

Everyone has received their hands and just waiting for one more hand and email address before we proceed. The notes I am getting about thinking processes on just these opening moves is pretty amazing already, I can't wait to see what you guys come up with once we see a flop.