Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 05:00 PM

Default NL5 - Hitting the flop (3 Hands)

Hand 1:
No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (8 handed)

UTG+1 ($4.56)
MP1 ($2.26)
MP2 ($3.50)
CO ($4.64)
Hero ($6.10)
SB ($2.95)
BB ($5.39)
UTG ($4.97)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls $0.02, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $0.08, CO calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.31) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ???</font>

C-bet or check behind?

Hand 2:
No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (9 handed)

MP1 ($5.28)
MP2 ($2.84)
MP3 ($2.91)
CO ($6.65)
Button ($5.49)
Hero ($4.90)
BB ($2.96)
UTG ($4.97)
UTG+1 ($4.88)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.12</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls $0.12, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $0.12, Button calls $0.12, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.78</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, MP2 folds, CO calls $0.66, Button calls $0.66.

Flop: ($2.60) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero ???</font>

Check or bet?

Hand 3:
This one I don't have a hand history for at the moment, but I have AJs on the BU. Several limpers, I raise and get 1 caller. I hit TPTK (J) + Nut flush draw (board something like J73.) Caller donks ~1/5 pot into me. Raise or call and let donk think their KJ or whatever is good?

Thanks,
RJ78
Old 11-20-2007, 05:08 PM

Default Re: NL5 - Hitting the flop (3 Hands)

Hand 1 nice rainbow. kinda dry. w/ 5 instead of 6 i check here behind. and bet /raise turn all day. T would be a bad card for you, hits 87, QJ. bet 15-22cent.

Hand 2 what a huge preflop raise 39BB? you must c-bet. getting used to a lot folds w/ a set of aces. Hope for draws.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 nice rainbow. kinda dry. w/ 5 instead of 6 i check here behind. and bet /raise turn all day. T would be a bad card for you, hits 87, QJ. bet 15-22cent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I c-bet $0.20 and got two folds.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2 what a huge preflop raise 39BB? you must c-bet. getting used to a lot folds w/ a set of aces. Hope for draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huge preflop raise because UTG raiser (6BB) + 3 cold-callers + I'm OOP and didn't want a multi-way pot, so I raised 6.5x UTG's raise (3x + 1x/cold-caller + 0.5x for being in the blinds.) I made a smallish c-bet here ($1) and got two folds.

Thanks for the feedback [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
RJ78
Old 11-20-2007, 05:25 PM

******* DISCLAIMER

Response below is from a lurking noob. Any advice may be terrible. I realized I need to start posting and getting flamed on here for stupid answers so I can start learning faster. I'm looking forward to the process.

Hand 1: Slowplay almost never... but you could probably get away with it there. You might get somebody to take a stab on the turn and extract some value.

Hand 2: You gotta bet that! You'll puke if you give the diamond draw a free card and loose with that set of aces. Bet it out and hope you can get the money in now and stack AK, KK, etc.

Hand 3: Gotta love the min donk bet. Usually treat it as a check and just do whatever you were going to do anyway. Which should be bet, so raise up his donk bet to whatever you planned to do anyway. You need to start building a pot before the flush draw hits. If he's not drawing to a flush, your action will die if you suddenly wake up when it hits.

Hopefully a good player will chime in too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
FYI Livestream - I typed that before I saw your response... no offense intended!
Old 11-20-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: Slowplay almost never... but you could probably get away with it there. You might get somebody to take a stab on the turn and extract some value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's the line I kind of wish I had taken. Ah well...

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2: You gotta bet that! You'll puke if you give the diamond draw a free card and loose with that set of aces. Bet it out and hope you can get the money in now and stack AK, KK, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 3: Gotta love the min donk bet. Usually treat it as a check and just do whatever you were going to do anyway. Which should be bet, so raise up his donk bet to whatever you planned to do anyway. You need to start building a pot before the flush draw hits. If he's not drawing to a flush, your action will die if you suddenly wake up when it hits.

[/ QUOTE ]

And agreed again. I made a pot-sized raise (perhaps a little too big? I normall c-bet about 2/3 pot) and they folded.

Thanks!
RJ78
Old 11-20-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And agreed again. I made a pot-sized raise (perhaps a little too big? I normall c-bet about 2/3 pot) and they folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's always frustrating when you fold everyone out with your actual monsters, but I think I've decided it's way better than getting sucked out on [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Probably a good idea to stick with your normal bet - or maybe even a little weaker since you have TPTK and a nut flush draw here and you want a little action. Of course that assumes your villain actually is paying attention to your patterns... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]