Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 11:02 PM

Default Re: Farha VS. Srugby

hmmm... who knows more, JV or txredman? hmmmmm. hmmmmm. hmmmmm.

tx,
ive only played live a few times. i play online, never 1k nl or greater. ill be in vegas in july. hu 10-20 nl? im sure im a tellbox.

edit: without even asking i volunteer sponger as a replacement if im not sufficient. hes definitely a tellbox and everyone knows sponger sucks. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 06-05-2007, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How does everyone seem to know so much about Sammys plo ? Has anyone ever seen him play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because we believe Barry G would never have a reason to say Sammy was the top PLO player in the world if that wasn't actually truth.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, retards believe that. If you ask me about any player I play live with regularly after I mention them in a post on 2+2 I will reply with things like "they do this a little too much but they do this well" because I do not want them to feel bad and think that I am out to get them. If the same person asked me the same question about that player in a private setting in real life they would get a completely different answer.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:23 PM

Enough chitchat........

someone set the line for tonight already!
Old 06-05-2007, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How does everyone seem to know so much about Sammys plo ? Has anyone ever seen him play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because we believe Barry G would never have a reason to say Sammy was the top PLO player in the world if that wasn't actually truth.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, retards believe that. If you ask me about any player I play live with regularly after I mention them in a post on 2+2 I will reply with things like "they do this a little too much but they do this well" because I do not want them to feel bad and think that I am out to get them. If the same person asked me the same question about that player in a private setting in real life they would get a completely different answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I being leveled here?
Old 06-05-2007, 11:26 PM

This match doesn't really prove anything.

It would seem that Bryan has an advantage in Holdem and Farha in PLO. And Farha has an advantage in live settings and has more experience playing ultra ultra huge stakes live.
And just because Farha looks like an idiot full ring, doesn't mean he is not a great HU player. His personality and style is obviously geared to more SH play.
Anyways, I would give Farha a slight edge just because of his live experience. I think if they played online, Bryan would win.
But the variance is this match is like +- 5 million so I wouldn't put much stock in it.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:28 PM

so crazy how he comes of so calm and collected after losing 500k- especially seeing as he probably took some bad beats along the way. I guess its all relative to his wealth and stakes but still its half a million!
Old 06-05-2007, 11:29 PM

This would be so sick to film and sell.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:30 PM

Default Re: Farha VS. Sbrugby

[ QUOTE ]
i usually save my comments and prefer to lurk, especially in these type of pissing contest threads, but seriously why does everyone swing from aba's dick whenever these threads get started? i'm sure i'll get flamed but i don't really care, he is an excellent poker player, and one of the top 2 or 3 best online cash players in the world, but why would u guys think he has any edge over sammy in a live setting especially in PLO which is sammy's strongest game? is it impossible for someone other than aba and antonius to have an edge in a game? sometimes you have to give credit where credit is due, and if the high stakes regulars find it hard playing sammy in PLO i'm sure that aba will have a harder time than they do, for a number of reasons the most important of which is that sammy is a live poker player and not an online player and no matter what anybody says, it changes the game when u go from online to live no matter how good you are you will be giving away things that you never would online, therefore giving the edge to ur more experienced opponent, its simple logic...

[/ QUOTE ]

AMEN.

I'd put my bankroll on Sammy winning this.

Even if it was just NLHE, I'd still say Sammy wins. He is NO WHERE near as bad as you guys seem to think on NLHE. Where are you getting this from? TV play? Ridiculous, its TV, you try to have an image.

Sammy will outplay Townsend 9/10.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:32 PM

Default Re: Farha VS. Sbrugby

How big is your bankroll? I'm pretty sure you have action with CTS if not me.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so crazy how he comes of so calm and collected after losing 500k- especially seeing as he probably took some bad beats along the way. I guess its all relative to his wealth and stakes but still its half a million!

[/ QUOTE ]

he's had multiple 500k swings before, at least 1 million+ downswing

while the 500k sucks, being up 1.6million last month makes it sting a lot less