Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 04:17 AM

Default Re: FTP Answers 4/17

[ QUOTE ]
15. INSTITUTE THE RULE THAT YOU MUST HAVE THE BUYIN FOR THE TOURNEY TO CHAT IN THE TOURNEY!!!!!

- We have a pretty all-encompassing chat project in the works. It should cut down the spam you see dramatically. I'm not sure when it'll all get implemented, but hopefully within a few months.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ever since I got doom-switched, heckling beggars is about all that brings joy to my otherwise-frustrating and humiliating poker sessions. That being said, I worry that the constant barrage of begging is actually more infuriating than it is cathartic. Three months ago, I'd get about one beggar a week. Now, I'm up to probably one per hour 6-tabling. At this rate of growth, I fear the wonderfully-informative messages about the $3.40+0.55 spread-limit Anaconda with rebuys tournaments starting in 17 minutes will be lost amongst the "Hey [screen name] can I have $5 I totally pay back thanks!" messages I can't block because they're not sitting at the table. Don't tell me to disable observer chat. How else can I see what my opponents think of my "all-in BS lotto Bingo BS die plz!" play after my AK sucks out on the KQ with which they chose to call my push?

Cliff's Notes: I seriously hope chat abuse abatement is a relatively high priority.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Doug: When will THIS be fixed.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully never. Ban the damn cheaters....
Old 04-19-2007, 04:59 AM

Tuff_Fish?
Old 04-19-2007, 09:48 AM

Doug,

Can you create a way to transfer our money to stars directly, so we don't have to go through all the BS that goes with switching sites.

Thanks
Old 04-19-2007, 11:26 AM

FTPDoug,

Please change the "Highlight Bet Amount" behavior. I understand that people were previously upset that the betting window was stealing focus while they were trying to chat. This is obviously an annoyance. Now, however, I have to click in that box every time I want to type a bet unless I've made another window on my desktop the focus since I last bet. It is annoying to type in my bet for one street, then have to click on that window again on the next one if it happens that I get a decision on that table before a decision on another table. Why can't it just remember where your cursor was located? Then those who choose to chat would not have the cursor jump on them and those who rarely chat (such as myself) wouldn't find themselves typing numbers into the chat box for no reason.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think YSOD is related to your internet connection. I used to play on a really weak wireless signal and would get that yellow screen freeze up all the time. Since I've switch to a direct cable connection, I've never had the yellow screen.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think so. For one thing, I have an extremely reliable 6mb down/2mb up FIOS connection. Another thing is that I got it for the first time about a week ago.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One problem I've been experiencing:

This happened after the resizable update as well, but it is now significantly worse than in that update. When I have a lot of tables open and minimize some to the system tray, then try to restore them by clicking the "Full Tilt Poker" group and then the table name, they won't re-appear. Nothing I do will make the table come back up; my only option is to right-click the table name and close it, and then re-opening it. If I happen to be sitting at the table, then nothing I do will close the table (I'm assuming because it's asking "Are you sure you want to leave?" but I can't click it); in fact, the Full Tilt client won't even close, and I have to ctrl-alt-del it to quit. Since I always minimize my waitlisted tables to keep them from cluttering my screen, this is a huge PITA.

I talked to one of my friends that plays on FT and he said he experiences the same problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

goofy, if you have PA Hud open then you can double click the table name on the PA Hud list and it will open it up for you. It's a lame problem but thats the only way I've found to get around it.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:34 PM

Can you figure out why FT hogs so much resources on my computer that my sound eventually shuts off? Bizarre I know but I have 2 Gigs of ram and this only happens when I open up 4+ tables at FT and is only fixed by restarting my computer. My drivers for the Sound Card are totally up to date. I run Win XP on a dell inspiron 9200 lap top.

BTW, I did kill the lag with the ram.

Edit. Don't think I am trolling but i wanted to add that no other program that I run on my computer causes this to happen, including multitabling Stars.

When the sound cuts out it kills everythign including my skype sound. But it doesnt seem to prevent me from playing mP3's through itunes.

Greg
Old 04-19-2007, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Doug,

Can you create a way to transfer our money to stars directly, so we don't have to go through all the BS that goes with switching sites.

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2/4 and 3/6 HU razz please

and is there any chance you can make the default buy in on HU hold'em tables something other then 10BB? You can't even complete a hand with that amount. I don't think it should be encouraged. If people want to play with 10BB stacks, that's fine, but I don't think people be encouraged to make a strategic mistake and have bad etiquette.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to like opponents who make strategic mistakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to like to play poker and not flip coins.