Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 12:13 AM

Default Re: Question to FullTilt about their store policy.

FTP guys, we are still waiting for a comment about the store situation. Maybe when you are done celebrating the resizable tables, you could pay a litle attention this way?

Thx
Old 03-28-2007, 08:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FTP guys, we are still waiting for a comment about the store situation. Maybe when you are done celebrating the resizable tables, you could pay a litle attention this way?

Thx

[/ QUOTE ]

OOPS! I was away a couple of days and just saw the new software with the resizable tables.

Now I understand why the FTP guys haven't answered my question about the FTP Store. They must be too busy trying to calm down ther hordes of angry players due to the crappiest software upgrade in online poker history.

Not even Party ever achieved to offer their customers such a horrible, slow, constantly hacking amateur software.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:05 AM

There are more things involved than you might think besides the "shipping".. Besides some of the logistics & other reasons already mentioned,
For Example:
A- Most electronic items built for the US/Canada market run on 120V AC mains & include a 120V adapter or plug directly into 120V only - Europe needs 220-240V & different style plugs.
B- When it comes to Televisions, regardless of the voltage, the receive frequencies & transmission formats are diffterent, & they would not be able to receive sound/picture with the US/Canada tuners built into these TV's.
A USA FM Radio, for example, will usually only be able to tune an "odd" number ( 91.1, 95.5, 101.3, 102.7, 105.9 ect..), while most countries in Europe have no FM stations that end in an odd number..
C- Many electronic items must pass FCC approvals for US distribution, likewise Euro items need "CE" approval ...
D - Even though most items are built in a 240V , CE "Euro Version", most of these are not imported or distributed in the US/Canada where FT buys & ships their current store items.
All that being said, I'm sure FT will eventually open store type items to additional countries, but for many of the electronic items it may require a new distribution method direct from Europe ...
Old 03-28-2007, 10:10 AM

Thank you for your reply, I will assume that you honestly thought I didn't know that TVs and the like that work in the USA don't work in Europe and will refrain from sarcastic comments.

All that is very well, but FT needs to find an international supplier (so that TV to Europe are delivered from an European supplier, thus avoiding incompatibility and tax problems, and the same for different parts of the world). You know, just as Stars does and Party did.

I am convinced that eventually the press from unsatisfied customers will be so big that they will pull themselves toghether and do it, but it would be nice if we got a comment from them telling us what their intentions are and if they actually are going to do something about it, when we could expect it.

FT gives the impression that they are a bunch of amateurs that want to make millions providing the absolute minimum of service and software upgrades. I know that they have come a long way from the crappy site it was to begin with and as I have said before, I think that today it is way up there next to Stars, but all the improvements and changes they had to do were done, not because they wanted to, but because it was demanded by the players all the time. It's like they are forced to keep up with what the industry demands but they are not happy about it. They would much rather sit at home and count the money. At least that is the impression they give.

They need to know that expectation is a powerfull feeling and that it is in their own interest to have a long term plan, with lots of improvements and tell us about it well in advance, not just deliver something with the "ok, now we have pleased you and done what you asked, stop bothering us" attitude.

If online poker was regulated, this would be one of the sites that would have most difficulties staying in bussiness as they like to do as they please without involving the client (us) in their considerations (just read all the "closed accounts" threads where it is obvious that they do as they please and have the absolute minimum of communication with the involved partners)

That been said, I love playing there (and will love it even more once they fix the numerous bugs the new upgrade came with) and wish them all the best, but they need to understand that we are a part of the system and that they need to communicate with us and involve us in the planning of FT's future.

GD