Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2007, 10:18 PM

Default Re: PLEASE HELP Missing Person from the forum

are you in vegas now? if not, go to vegas and get a good concierge or a host with good connections to find out some info. he'll contact PI's and pawn shops to see if any items that he might have had were sold recently. they can help out more than the police sometimes. good luck.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe one of the mods can pin this in B&M or MTTc, seeing as how a bunch of those forum regulars are in Vegas?

Hope everything comes out okay.

[/ QUOTE ]

I asked Entertainme to sticky in WSOP forum but I do not know protocol for these things. You may want to repost there. Good luck and keep us updated.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks
which forum is that ?
link
Old 07-06-2007, 10:21 PM

Tournament Circuit/WSOP
Old 07-06-2007, 10:38 PM

burton,
I hope you find your friend alive and well.
I saw that you posted on the CF that someone did see him on the 3rd. I wouldn’t assume that the other posters possible sighting is accurate. As he said himself, a few of the pictures “look like him”, but that’s it. Unfortunately your friend looks like about 70% of the people here at the WSOP; middle aged white male with sunglasses.

Scanning the results of the WSOP tournaments probably won’t lead you anywhere. I did a quick search and didn’t find where he cashed in any WSOP events or make any of the day 2 chip counts.
Where you might have some luck is with the WSOP registration people. Every player that plays in an official event (tournament or satellite) has to get a Total Rewards card from Harrah’s. They then use that card to register for a tournament/satellite. The registration system tracks all of the events a player registers/pays for. They should be able to pull his name up and tell you what he paid for. That doesn’t mean he actually played in the event though, and unfortunately there is no way to know what he actually did pay for.
From his post on 2+2 it appears he definitely played in Event 49, which started on June 30th. He did not make day 2 of that event, and the tone of his post makes it sound like he busted out during the second level, which would have been between 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. on June 30th.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he left all his personal effects in his hotel room and did not checkout, did not return his rental car ontime and missed a flight home for work.
and his cell phone is off and now the voicemail is full

[/ QUOTE ]

That must be very worrying for his friends and family. I really hope everything turns out ok and it's just some temporary Vegas madness. Please let us know how it turns out.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:47 PM

burton,
I hope you find your friend alive and well.
I saw that you posted on the CF that someone did see him on the 3rd. I wouldn’t assume that the other posters possible sighting is accurate. As he said himself, a few of the pictures “look like him”, but that’s it. Unfortunately your friend looks like about 70% of the people here at the WSOP; middle aged white male with sunglasses.

Scanning the results of the WSOP tournaments probably won’t lead you anywhere. I did a quick search and didn’t find where he cashed in any WSOP events or make any of the day 2 chip counts.
Where you might have some luck is with the WSOP registration people. Every player that plays in an official event (tournament or satellite) has to get a Total Rewards card from Harrah’s. They then use that card to register for a tournament/satellite. The registration system tracks all of the events a player registers/pays for. They should be able to pull his name up and tell you what he paid for. That doesn’t mean he actually played in the event though, and unfortunately there is no way to know what he actually did pay for.
From his post on 2+2 it appears he definitely played in Event 49, which started on June 30th. He did not make day 2 of that event, and the tone of his post makes it sound like he busted out during the second level, which would have been between 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. on June 30th.

thanks
that is a great idea
I did not know that harrahs runs the the poker tour
Old 07-06-2007, 10:58 PM

Yes, I still think it's more likely than not I saw someone else, given that 2 of the three pictures don't look particularly familiar. But Lord_strife had me thinking I might have actually had seen the guy you are talking about. Hoping for the best either way.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:09 AM

Obv. the police have been notified?

2+2'er lostsoul is a PI, you might want to pm him for some advice.

What were the circumstances that he was seen last? Was he drunk, carrying a bunch of cash. What was he wearing? Where was he staying?
Old 07-07-2007, 12:37 AM

I posted a sticky in the Tournament forum.

I hope it turns out he's OK.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:11 AM

"His Hertz rental car has not been returned"

It's pretty common for all rental cars to have GPS nowadays. I rented a car in Vegas from another rental company and it had GPS. The car would completely turn off if you went into Mexico.