Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2007, 10:42 PM

Default Re: beer and biking diet

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
While we're discussing alcohol and nutrition, another quick question: If I'm on a 2000 cal/day diet, and I'm going to have 5 beers, is it better for me to only eat ~1500 cal. and hit the 2000 mark through beer, or should I eat ~2000 cal. and then get to around ~2500 through beer?

[/ QUOTE ]

only one of those solutions adds up to 2000...use that one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img], I can't wait till school ends so I can quit drinking.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:05 PM

haha how do I not understand what a 20 mile bike ride is?

I dont know if your saying it's hard or easy?

I dont know how much weight he lose because I dont know the rest of his diet, but saying he wont be able to ride 20 miles a day is retarded.

20 miles is nothing on a bike.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I dont know how much weight he lose because I dont know the rest of his diet, but saying he wont be able to ride 20 miles a day is retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I think you have no idea how many calories are burnt on a 20 mile bike ride by someone who weighs 230 or any other weight.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:56 AM

"20 miles is nothing on a bike. "

its a good workout. takes about 1.5 hrs. not too many ppl workout for that long and esp cardio. when i bike with others i crush them. recently went with a bball player who has like an omg perfect body. dude couldnt hang with my fatass so whatev. im pushing my hardest hte whole time, it aint no gentle roll. im usually thinking about how good the beer will taste when i get back so i try to go my fastest and it absolutely does taste gut.

anyway, i didnt ride for 2 days and my hamstring is still black and blue. im really bored tho so i think i will go 25 tomorrow. proly try to go a little slower, spin a smaller gear.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I think you have no idea how many calories are burnt on a 20 mile bike ride by someone who weighs 230 or any other weight.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still dont know what your saying. I weigh 215 and have done centuries. I ride a ton. Have a nice bike, spandex, the whole nine. I have been riding forever. Used to race mountain bikes in high school.

20 miles is def a ok workout, but nothing special. It's 1.5 hours of cardio but a million times easier than running for 1.5 hours if you are just doing casual rides.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:04 AM

there are problems with this 20mile bike everyday that are the say as the problems experienced by the fat lady you see doing the same 45min on the elliptical everyday who is still fat after 5 years of never missing a workout...

1. your diet sucks
2. you are doing the same thing everyday...there is no progression involved to give your body something new to adapt to...so yeah, you can beat the basketball player, but you aren't burning as many calories as when you first started doing the ride, cuz you are sooo good at it now...but if tomorrow you decide to do 23mi and then 25mi, then 28mi, or switch to a harder gear on tomorrows ride then you can make some progress, give your body a new stress to adapt to and then continue to burn larger amounts of calories...nobody would recommend doing the same exact weight exercises with the same set/rep scheme/weight every day, same goes for cardio...

and likely you are losing lean body mass as you do this...
Old 05-31-2007, 11:47 AM

thirddan, i suppose i was unclear. i will be progressing, hopefully. i said i would average 20/ day not that i would do 20 every day. obv i will have rest days and days where i go farther than 20. by the end of the summer i expect to have a base 30 mile route and sometimes take long rides past 50.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:05 PM

Old 06-08-2007, 04:01 PM

still keeping this up?
Old 06-08-2007, 05:14 PM

i have ridden twice since the last update: 25 and 22. will pick it up tomorrow i think as my hammy is feeling better. really hate being injured.