Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 02:23 PM

Default Re: Legal options for an annoying situation?

[ QUOTE ]
"Naturally i am confused and after further research, i find out that the charges include the $50 worth of stuff i signed up for and received, about $75 worth of tshirts i either did not sign up for, or that i signed up for and never got.

The remainder of the balance is from "finance charges" which i was explained are monthly charges i received because of not paying my bill."

Go to your nearest Citizens Advice Buro (or whatever the US equiv is) and find out what they can and cant charge you for.

Im sure they cant charge you for stuff you never signed up for (get FULL evidence from them inc photocopies of your signitures etc) - if they cant prove you got the stuff they cant charge you for it im sure.

As for the charges you should be able to find out more about this - but im pretty sure they cant just tack on 200% or whatever it works out to when they have taken to effort whatsoever to contact you.

Worst case scenario you got $50 of T Shirts you didnt pay for and you have to pay interest on them, but for the most part if you didnt sign up for the other crap and you didnt recieve it they wil never be able to charge you for it.

Also, im pretty sure a reasonably competant lawyer would crush them in court due to how retarded the sales process was.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly

as much as i want this to just go away because it is annoying, part of me wants to take this to a judge and watch his face when these people try to explain to him that i owe them money for a product they never delivered.

i will have to look into this citizen's advice buro, never heard of it or anything like it, but im sure there is something like it. i also heard that if it goes to the collection agency i can write them agency or a local court representative and have it put into court, im just not sure on the details.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Worst way to buy a t-shirt ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

? This is fairly standard when making large orders of t-shirts in a group, although apparently it tends to work better when the people handling the orders aren't douchebags.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:28 PM

don't wait till it goes to collections or gets on your credit. if they won't release the charges you need to get either the courts, the Better Business Bureau, or perhaps the media involved.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
don't wait till it goes to collections or gets on your credit. if they won't release the charges you need to get either the courts, the Better Business Bureau, or perhaps the media involved.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what im trying to figure out. who do i contact? where do i go? to get this process going.

this is going to annoy the hell out of me, but id rather put the wasted time into dealing with this then just paying them off. if i pay these morons for this insanity ill never forgive myself.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:38 PM

Btw, dont ignore this.

My credit rating is probably shot for life because i ignored debts when i was younger and they went up to court level before i scrounged up the cash to pay them off.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:47 PM

i'm not a lawyer so don't take this advice too seriously

The only way you're in the wrong is if the sheet of paper you signed legally qualifies as a contract. ie it explains what is being exchanged for what price. If it is just a grid with space for names then you're probably in the clear. Also, did you get the t-shirts or not? If you didn't get the t-shirts then obviously they are breaching the so called contract anyways so you owe them nothing. You're probably good here, just call them and ask them to have a lawyer review their so called contract to see if qualifies as legal. Like I said before, i'm not a lawyer and this is not legal advice. I just recommend calling them to clarify whether or not you actually signed a contract.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:15 PM

Pretty sure you never signed anything about finance charges so you can tell them to [censored] off on that. I'd ship them a check for the $50 in tshirts you bought and call it good.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:30 PM

ask for proof of your list of orders. Start there. If it goes to collections you have a period of time where the collection agency sends you notice that that they're going to start f'ing with you in 30 days, unless you contact them and tell them why they shouldn't.

When you get them send them a letter saying what you ordered and are willing to pay for and what you aren't, and that you're 100% down to go to court over it. The collection agency will almost definitely not want to do much and accept your 50$
Old 10-08-2007, 03:32 PM

pretty sure you're [censored] cause even if you sue your credit is going to take a big hit no matter what. Call them and try to get a rational person on the phone admit what you, say you neer received the stuf fyou never ordered. Be nice and hope for the best.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:41 PM

You probably also want to go to the school authorities on this....if it's in any way on the school campus you can probably bring them in on it....they are quite likely to tell these people to go away and never come back, which costs them a lot in the long run....fight them AND kick them in the nuts.