Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 06:52 AM

Default Jena Six

Just read a story about this. I'm not sure I see where the outrage is coming from on this. If I understood the story correctly, some white kids hung nooses in a tree (apparently directed at black people in some way). Then 6 black kids beat up a white kid. The white kids weren't charged because evidently what they did isn't illegal. The black kids were charged with attempted murder (that might be a bit harsh, but i'd say aggravated assault is about right).

Apparently there are lots of heavy hitters speaking out, jesse jackson, sharpton etc. I really don't understand though. If they beat up the kid 6 against 1, they deserve to be tried don't they? I think so.

If 6 white kids had beat up a black kid I guarantee you they'd be screaming to put the kids in jail, hate crime etc.

Not saying I approve of the noose in the tree thing, but we have laws, you can't take them into your own hands because you disagree with what someone else does.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:59 AM

Default Re: Jena Six

Why don't you do a search before you post your misunderstandings about the facts and the law!

PS Sorry I didn't see until I posted. You are probably too busy pimping ho's!
Old 09-20-2007, 07:13 AM

First off, I agree with you that they should be charged. However, I also agree with the DA that they should be charged with attempted murder. The reason? Six on one.

If six people jump one person, in my estimate, that is attempted murder. As a matter of fact, if I, as a CCW holder, am walking down the street and see 6 people attacking one person, in this state (Georgia), that gives me the power, within the law, to open fire, under the code amendment allowing you to use a handgun in your defense, or in the defense of another, to prevent death or SERIOUS BODILY HARM.

I'll freely admit, I haven't studied too much about this case, so I'm unaware as to the seriousness of the injuries of the victim, but imo that shouldn't matter. Claiming the injuries matter is no different than if someone were to shoot at me multiple times and never hit me then claim they weren't trying to kill me. They still attempted to murder me, regardless of the fact that I've suffered no injury at all. If these six young men attacked one young man and didn't kill him, that was only because they were too stupid to get it done.

It's still 100% attempted murder in my book.

Unfortunately, these boys will probably skate, because everyone in America is paralyzed at the word "racist". People will do things that lack all common sense, just to please the Jackson/Sharpton camp, and fend off claims of racism.

A perfect example is Don Imus, and the way CBS Radio bowed to them.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll freely admit, I haven't studied too much about this case

[/ QUOTE ]

Say no more!
Old 09-20-2007, 07:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll freely admit, I haven't studied too much about this case

[/ QUOTE ]

Say no more!

[/ QUOTE ]

Talk about passive aggressive.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why don't you do a search before you post your misunderstandings about the facts and the law!

[/ QUOTE ]

plz to be following your own advice
Old 09-20-2007, 10:05 AM

I'm pretty confused as to why these kids are being porttrayed as innocent victims.
They appear to be violent criminals, and should be treated as such.

Just because some [censored] white kids made an [censored] racist threat does not give anyone cause to beat the crap out of a completely different kid and put him in the hospital. How is this not obvious?
Old 09-20-2007, 10:05 AM

lol pvn, I like all the quick one liners you've shot off in the past 6 minutes. I think you've made 6 of them.

By the way, I don't know what you meant in ANY of them...But I consider that a fault of my own.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:19 AM

Just because someone was a jerk to you, doesn't mean that you get to beat them within an inch of their life
Old 09-20-2007, 10:22 AM

maybe we should keep this all in one thread?