Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 11:51 AM

Default What is your line and why?

Here's the situation. Button raises a solid tough regular 3 bets the small blind. He has a wide range for his small blind 3 bet hands. I am the BB with 99 and I call. Now I will already assume that I will take the beating on the CC here but so be it. I feel this opponent has a tendacy to try and run me over. Flop comes KKrag he bets I raise he 3 bets... What is your line from here and why?
Old 09-07-2007, 12:15 PM

Default Re: What is your line and why?

Calling three times has to be strongly considered, maybe the default, I don't really see any good reasons to raise the turn though there are certainly reasons to find a fold somewhere. All in all its a sucky spot and I think your preflop play contributed to it sucking a bit because its really difficult now to figure out what he thinks you will have here.

Now that I wrote that the pot will be pretty big on the turn so if he can ever show up with a big ace high here or conversely if he can ever fold JJ or something because you are taking the scariest line ever, then raising the turn and putting in no more money after that could be worthwhile.

-DeathDonkey
Old 09-07-2007, 12:24 PM

He probably can't fold JJ here unless the button contributes some raising action, and if that happens you probably aren't good anyway, and he still might not fold the JJ.

it's a tricky spot, I like raise flop, and then call down.

If an ace hits the turn you might find a fold.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:49 PM

Thats what I thought... Turn came a 9 and I filled up taking a big pot against K7... And proceded to get a good lashing as to how bad of a play it was on my part. I really didn't think it was that bad, but then later in the night started second guessing myself.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:26 PM

I agree I think raising flop and calling down is the best line the after the pre-flop play.

I think the villain is going to 3 bet the majority of his hands on the FLOP given the texture and will probably not put you on a K. So given pre-flop line and texture of the flop it is difficult to put him on a hand, especially since you noted he raises with a wide range of hands from the SB. You are probably ahead of a large range of his hands so raising flop and calling down seems like the best line.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:48 PM

Pretty much agree with DD on this one. I deffo cap preflop.

Out of interest, what stakes is this?
Old 09-08-2007, 12:39 PM

6 handed 15/30....
Old 09-08-2007, 02:37 PM

preflop is supereasy cap! As played I think I get to the showdown as cheaply as possible, I don't think he's folding a better hand if you raise, but if you keep calling perhaps he is bluffing worse hands