Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 11:58 PM

Default New Software. Holdem-walkthrough.com -- 100 Billion+ EV Estimates

Holdem-walkthrough (HWT) is an online poker decision support system that shows expected value, percent-win, and strength estimates for more than 100 billion Hold’em game states.

HWT takes into account where you are seated, how many players are active, what cards you have, as well as a number of other factors, and tells you the strength of your hand and the values of your potential betting actions.

Example

Imagine that you’re the big blind, it’s the flop, and there is one other active player. You’ve got a straight draw with a KQc, Jd, Th, 2s. What would you do?

HWT shows that:
• You are above chance to win this hand and its long term value is about 2 to 3 small bets (Strength)
• Checking (k) is reasonable
• Calling (c) may not be a good idea because it has an expected return rate near zero small-bets, so in the long-run you’ll be getting even money by calling
• Betting (b) gives you the highest chance of winning and an expected return rate of about 3 to 4 small-bets
• Raising (r) is a viable option depending upon what you know about your opponents and how they play the game. A raise may make players with weak hands fold, but you could also find yourself being re-raised

HWT describes the natural form of hold’em. You can use HWT along with your knowledge of the game and your intuitions about your opponents to make good decisions and play great poker.

There are two versions of HWT available from http://www.holdem-walkthrough.com

HWT-Free can be downloaded and run from your desktop or run online using your web-browser. You lookup game states in HWT-Free by manually entering the information.

HWT-Poker Pro is an add-on program to Poker Pro 2007. HWT-Poker Pro uses Poker Pro 2007’s screen-reading abilities to automatically lookup game states. HWT-Poker Pro is compatible with over 40 poker rooms and is currently a free service.

Holdem-walkthrough is designed to be used by humans, and with it, humans can beat the Polaris poker-bot.
Holdem-walkthrough vs. Polaris
Old 11-06-2007, 01:00 AM

Default Re: New Software. Holdem-walkthrough.com -- 100 Billion+ EV Estimates

The End Is Nigh.

The poker sites needs to seriously re-think their policy. Ok, so they might get more rake as the games get more and more infested by realtime-EV-analysis-reading-human-mouse-clicking BOTS, but in the long run this WILL kill online poker, and it'll be way way quicker than any WinHoldem "dreamers" making 50c/hour at $0.01/$0.02...

[ QUOTE ]
A man and his wife had the good fortune to possess a goose which laid a golden egg every day. Lucky though they were, they soon began to think they were not getting rich fast enough, and, imagining the bird must be made of gold inside, they decided to kill it in order to secure the whole store of precious metal at once. But when they cut it open they found it was just like any other goose. Thus, they neither got rich all at once, as they had hoped, nor enjoyed any longer the daily addition to their wealth.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...4490&page=

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2007, 01:08 AM

Juk, I think we are in the minority here.

I get the feeling most people think it is perfectly okay to use any and all software as long as the 'player' clicks the mouse himself.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:12 AM

Juk,

I agree.

[ QUOTE ]

The poker sites needs to seriously re-think their policy.

[/ QUOTE ]

However, beating up on Stars is IMO not an ideal plan. Stars is almost certainly the site most open to correcting the list of banned softwares due to player pressure.

You may feel happy playing at Party since this sort of thing is not on the "allowed" list - but unless on the banned list, you must assume these tools are prevalent on Party.

And they have no reps here (lol Mike'O) to whom we can appeal.

Stars IMO is our best ally in this fight.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Juk,

I agree.

[ QUOTE ]

The poker sites needs to seriously re-think their policy.

[/ QUOTE ]

However, beating up on Stars is IMO not an ideal plan. Stars is almost certainly the site most open to correcting the list of banned softwares due to player pressure.

You may feel happy playing at Party since this sort of thing is not on the "allowed" list - but unless on the banned list, you must assume these tools are prevalent on Party.

And they have no reps here (lol Mike'O) to whom we can appeal.

Stars IMO is our best ally in this fight.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, I agree and picking on Stars wasn't intentional. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I only singled them out as they were the first to list a game-theoretic adviser in their list of allowed software and I only realized later that FT has the same policy.

The whole thread about "silly sal" losing here money for "botting" FT seems to have totally ignored your very good point, namely: that if game-theoretic advisers are allowed then trying to prove she was using an <u>automated</u> bot using stats is a total waste of time! I give in trying to get people to think clearly about this though as the fact that thread has 10x more reads in a few days compared to my thread in a few months kinds shows the level of apathy towards these type of advisers.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

PS: I don't play at Party because I feel any safer, hell no! Party prolly has the worst helper software policy of all, but just it's where the SNG fish are atm!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2007, 01:21 AM

download link is invalid....
Old 11-06-2007, 01:26 AM

Download link is
http://www.holdem-walkthrough.com
Old 11-06-2007, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Juk, I think we are in the minority here.

I get the feeling most people think it is perfectly okay to use any and all software as long as the 'player' clicks the mouse himself.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't get me wrong; I'm not against all tools for online poker - far from it (or else I wouldn't spend so much time in the forum!).

I just think when you get to the stage of presenting a user with EV_Fold=$2.34 and EV_Call=$1.22, then it's gone too far... Poker, like chess, is a game of thinking and if you totally remove the thought aspect then what's left?

When playing online chess/backgammon it's considered cheating to use an engine to advise you, so where's the difference here?

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2007, 01:34 AM

Juk,

[ QUOTE ]

Yep, I agree and picking on Stars wasn't intentional. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I only singled them out as they were the first to list a game-theoretic adviser in their list of allowed software

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW I just emailed Stars asking PokerStarsJeff / Alex Scott to respond to your IG thread (twice lol, forgot to link it in the first email)

SillySal thread is scary as hell [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

This is and old skool 2p2er, accused of vaing a recipient of chip dumping / CrazyMike says multiple accounts but probably not a bot / eventually found guilty of "botting" - whatever that may be - with zero evidence so far... damn glad I have only enough $$$ for script testing there right now.

[ QUOTE ]

S: I don't play at Party because I feel any safer, hell no! Party prolly has the worst helper software policy of all, but just it's where the SNG fish are atm!!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you not been following the spacegravy challenge thread in STTF?

BTW, did you miss the quickly deleted (spam) link to the full-auto-bot in here earlier today? nasty stuff, looked far more advanced than winholdem [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2007, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Download link is
http://www.holdem-walkthrough.com

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.holdem-walkthrough.com/wp...rough_v1.0.zip
not work...