Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2006, 03:56 PM

Default Re: 10,000th post- My Mission: A JIHAD on SSNL opponents

hey what were some of your ongame screennames if you played the 200NL anyway? I hated you 10BB bastards, though most of them added to my WR quite a bit.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gogogogogo

You're my new fav player, MT2R. Keep us updated!

[/ QUOTE ]

nice....it's good to receive accolades from the resident dancer and the only one of us good looking enough to get Elisha Dushku. You can tell her I love watching Bring It On in 8X Zoom on DVD. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2006, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow. Just read the whole OOT thread by the OP. Very good read sir. I'm sorry that stuff happened but I'm glad you came out of it OK.

When I first became a mod, this was my first custom title I gave out. He used to have iirc just a Pujols avatar when the whole Bonds thing was hot. But now, it has a level 2 meaning.

[/ QUOTE ]

ty

I find it funny that you gave me that nick over Pujols. In my own mind, I knew the double meaning right away as I have a past history of poly-substance use but am drug-free for over 7 1/2 years now. The name fit even better than you could've imagined. Your mod powers are so strong that you tap into the force. Nice work.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Teach me to sports bet and I'll teach you to not be a donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Possibly a bargain for you as sports betting is much tougher. However, your level at no-limit is much higher than mine at sports betting. Might be a good trade.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i better be invited for the horse boondoggles! i mean, i donked off enough last time to at least get a fish invite, right? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, but only if I get "December." February is just too expensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I shall keep September TYVM.

Note to all (Sorry for the hijack MT2R): The Vegas SSNL Boondoggle 2 will be teh opening weekend of the WSOP ME 2007. As soon as they announce it, I'll start the planning.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow, another 'challenge' thread that'll never be accomplished!

EDIT: At the request of a resident old man here in SSNL, I do wish you the best of luck with this. However, the majority of challenge threads that start like this end up neglected 3 days later never to be bumped or returned to. If you're serious about this then by all means use us to the best of your ability and make this a reality. It certainly is possible. Good luck and we'll see you around.

[/ QUOTE ]

right on.
Challenge threads do suck because there is rarely any follow-up.
However, this is a real challenge. I would not tarnish my 10,000th post on a fake one that I don't intend to follow through. I will give this my best effort. It will be not be easy. It will be a challenge. But, I put it out here publicly to:
motivate myself
show what can be done with SSNL balla skillz
bring out both critics and supporters to keep me going

I'm kind of into myself sometimes. I thought how awesome would it be if I could actually make a big challenge and rise to the goal. It would be cool. It wouldn't make me Bald Sweaters, Zeebo, Aba20, Durrr, or any of the scores of real ballas on this site. But, it would mean mad respek at SSNL.

I do understand where you are coming from, though, as challenges almost always fall apart around here.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i better be invited for the horse boondoggles! i mean, i donked off enough last time to at least get a fish invite, right? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Note to all (Sorry for the hijack MT2R): The Vegas SSNL Boondoggle 2 will be teh opening weekend of the WSOP ME 2007. As soon as they announce it, I'll start the planning.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't worry about the hijack....I expect this to be a visible thread as I will incessantly bump it with updates.
It's good to inform everyone of the glory that is the SSNL boondoggle 2.

ty to you and all the supporters here

I will complete this challenge.
I've already got half a day in. A few thousand hands at 25NL to start....running at 6PTBB/100. Not a bad start. I made a few bonehead mistakes, but that comes from rustiness more than anything. The worst was mis-sizing a turn bet that should've blown my opponent out on a decent sized pot, but, instead, allowed him to catch the nut flush on the river.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

couldya hold it around at least ONE of the 6-max tournaments? some of us have day jobs y'know.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If we are under 21 is it still worthwhile for us to go? DO they card cashgames or w/e? I dont want to play events, just hang out and play cashaments.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If we are under 21 is it still worthwhile for us to go? DO they card cashgames or w/e? I dont want to play events, just hang out and play cashaments.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, come along! We'll buy you a Yoohoo and you can sit in the aisles and watch the grownups play cards. For money! If you're good, Uncle Pokey will even buy you a Happy Meal after the game.

Seriously, I've been carded once in Vegas. Mind you, I look like I'm 137, but it's rarely an issue so long as you're not making an ass of yourself. Also, if you go with a crowd of obviously-over-21-and-obviously-willing-to-spend-money folks (like us), there won't be any issues. Keep a low profile when you're alone and don't try to drink and you'll have no problems unless you look like Orange:

Recent photo of Orange, or picture of Short Round from the 1984 Harrison Ford flop "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom"? Even *I* don't know for sure.