Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 07:53 PM

Default Re: 2007-2008 NBA MVP

Ginobili is playing out of his mind, but he isn't even playing 30 minutes a night. Duncan's debatable I guess, but he's playing his standard brand of boring, efficient basketball and playing killer D on the other end.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is Duncan really playing all that well?

[/ QUOTE ]
He's been averaging 19/9/3 with a couple blocks all season. Its honestly not the greatest. Boozer has been averaging 25/11/3 with a block every other game.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but as far as comparisons to Jordan go the only key stat I believe is games won. Against the best of the West (Spurs, Suns, Jazz, Mavs, Hornets, Nugs, Lakers and Rockets) the Cavs are 1-4 while the Lakers are 3-3.

[/ QUOTE ]

yay for showing your ignorance in public.

Lakers lost to houston, 2 days off, won @ phoenix, day off won against Utah, day off, had 3 days off before their loss @ SA, then won against Houston.

Cavs lsot their opener against Dallas, then their next three losses against those teams came during a west coast road trip (more difficult to an east coast team) where they play 3 games in 4 days and 6 in 9 all on the road. They then beat Utah at home after a days rest. Yeah the two scenarios are comparable.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but as far as comparisons to Jordan go the only key stat I believe is games won. Against the best of the West (Spurs, Suns, Jazz, Mavs, Hornets, Nugs, Lakers and Rockets) the Cavs are 1-4 while the Lakers are 3-3.

[/ QUOTE ]

yay for showing your ignorance in public.

Lakers lost to houston, 2 days off, won @ phoenix, day off won against Utah, day off, had 3 days off before their loss @ SA, then won against Houston.

Cavs lsot their opener against Dallas, then their next three losses against those teams came during a west coast road trip (more difficult to an east coast team) where they play 3 games in 4 days and 6 in 9 all on the road. They then beat Utah at home after a days rest. Yeah the two scenarios are comparable.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll bet you $50 that the Lakers win in Cleveland when they play in December.

EDIT* Also that is the most retarded thing I have ever read. Cavs lose more games on a western conference road trip then the Lakers do because they are from the "east"? Boo hoo. Cavs have only won once so far against the best of the east (3 home games), and that was against 7-7 Toronto. After tomorrow when they lose to Boston they will be 1-4 in home games against the best of the east. Lakers have already beaten 8-5 Detroit. But maybe its because the Pistons had to fly all that way, the poor babies? I was trying to discuss who is more Jordanesque, but if Lebron whined about losses the way you do Kobe would be a shoe in.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Paul Pierce is playing great basketball right now. This needs to be considered in the case against KG.

Also...Lebron's +/- stats are ridiculous

http://www.82games.com/0708/0708CLE.HTM

[/ QUOTE ]

Strange ranking system!?
Bynum has better stats than Bryant.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Paul Pierce is playing great basketball right now. This needs to be considered in the case against KG.

Also...Lebron's +/- stats are ridiculous

http://www.82games.com/0708/0708CLE.HTM

[/ QUOTE ]

Strange ranking system!?
Bynum has better stats than Bryant.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's just roland rating. i was referencing +/-
Old 11-26-2007, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also DWade may end up making a case for himself

[/ QUOTE ]
There are too many good candidates and he has missed too many games already.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Haha.. I was waiting for that. And I agree with you, mostly. However, he was partly responsible for them being down 10 by going 3-16 or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually the Nets went on their run when Kobe was off the floor. He was having a brutal game, but the Lakers were up by a few until he and some of the other starters sat. The Nets went on a 14 point run or something ridiculous and then he came back in.

[ QUOTE ]
This is EXACTLY what's wrong with people when it comes to analyzing Kobe. And obviously it was just a one game sample, but it acts as a good metaphor. He has those Jordan-esque moments (comebacks, circus shots, dominance), and everyone starts saying "oh man closest thing to Jordan ever." But he's not. And it's not close (I've posted about it before, cited the stats, etc, so I'm not doing it again). Bryant is great. Phenomenal. A guy you can build a contender around, who are few and far between. But he's a far cry from the greatest baller ever, and currently isn't the best player in the league. It's that simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

The rest of this is pretty fair. He might be the greatest scorer ever in terms of the number of ways he can get a bucket, but best scorer != best player.

BTW, Lebron is pretty easily the MVP at this point in the year. Not that this means anything though.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

There are too many good candidates and he has missed too many games already.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL dude check what time of the year it is
Old 11-26-2007, 09:48 PM

Semtex- Book the $50, straight up Cleveland to win.