Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2006, 12:11 PM

Default Re: New Software Announcement - SIXTH SENSE

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does this mean I have to use SQL DBs in PT in order to use PTagg? Will PTagg not be able to compile my PT MSaccess DBs?
[ QUOTE ]

Yes, that is correct. If you have very large (>1gb) databases, this will be a long process too... But in the end it will definitely be worth it. Much faster scans and scores, you will notice a difference in your PT performance too.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just want to chime in here and mention that you may have misinterpreted my question. I am running PTagg (SQL installed) on my .mdb databases and it appears to be working no problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I guess I did misinterpret. I assumed you were unable to get PTAgg to work.

If it is working without any problems right now, then dont change a thing (unless you really want to convert your PT database to SQL...which isnt really necessary).

-Dan
Old 10-22-2006, 02:13 PM

Default Re: Build 55 of Sixth Sense Released

Deleted the Agg.ini file and getting the same error
Thanks!
Old 10-22-2006, 03:56 PM

I tried e-mailing the SS support, but got no reply; maybe here I'll have better luck . . .

I'm interested in trying SS, but I have my PT database (postgres) running remotely. I'm aware that SS won't automagically import networked databases, so I went to the manual add, selected PostgreSQL ODB Driver, and on the connection page have PTPGSQL1 as the Data Source, 192.168.1.102 as the Location -- but it throws an error "unspecified initizalization error" for "test connection" and if I just click 'ok' I'm told that the database isn't a PT database -- but I know it is, as PT is currently open and running and that's the only DB I've got.

Has anybody had similar issues and/or know a way to work around it? Because the software sounds damn useful, if it would only work . . .

Thanks,

Joel
Old 10-23-2006, 08:42 PM

SS Guys:
I'm having problems w/ stats for the 25/50NL tables.

There's a particular player, let's call him SharkA, on whom I have 20K+ PT hands, and I KNOW that his full-ring stats are around 26/7.

But in the SS window, he was sitting at a 10-person 25/50NL table, and he was showing up as 39/19. These are close to his 6-max stats, I'm pretty sure.

Anyway, is it possible that there's a bug in SS for the 25/50NL games?

And just to make sure I'm clear on how the filters work, am I correct that when SS sees a table w/ 7 or more ppl at it, it draws from its cache of stats from HHs w/ 7+ players, but for tables of 2 to 6 players it draws from HHs w/ 4 to 6??

I don't really know how to trouble-shoot this thing for u...it would be good if this guy would just sit at a full 10/20NL table so i could be sure, but he never seems to...
Old 10-25-2006, 12:11 PM

I have PM'ed and emailed SS regarding a refund, and I received a response telling me what to do. But any followup after that just never happened. I have sent another email and a PM that went unanswered. I don't mean to be rude, but what gives?
Old 10-25-2006, 12:49 PM

i know one of the guys was on vacation recently and had to take a break from 2p2 -- i know this doesn't put the money in ur pocket, but they are as straight-forward/honest as they come, and you've got nothing to worry about.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i know one of the guys was on vacation recently and had to take a break from 2p2 -- i know this doesn't put the money in ur pocket, but they are as straight-forward/honest as they come, and you've got nothing to worry about.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree they are honest but it seems like the need to work on communication. When the one guy was on vacation (Brad...Brett...Bart...or whatever his name is) a lot of questions went unasnwered and a few people were left wondering what the deal was. I would suggest using the SS forums more and directing all questions there. They now have a legit product that is costing a lot of people big money and they are using the 2+2 Software as their main form of communication? That doesn't seem too professional. We used to see Pat answering some Pokertracker questions on here but you don't see it much anymore. If however you post a question on the pokertracker forum they are all over it white on rice. The SS forums...now forum...seems pretty much useless.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:54 PM

SS down for anybody else?
Old 10-25-2006, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I tried e-mailing the SS support, but got no reply; maybe here I'll have better luck . . .

I'm interested in trying SS, but I have my PT database (postgres) running remotely. I'm aware that SS won't automagically import networked databases, so I went to the manual add, selected PostgreSQL ODB Driver, and on the connection page have PTPGSQL1 as the Data Source, 192.168.1.102 as the Location -- but it throws an error "unspecified initizalization error" for "test connection" and if I just click 'ok' I'm told that the database isn't a PT database -- but I know it is, as PT is currently open and running and that's the only DB I've got.

Has anybody had similar issues and/or know a way to work around it? Because the software sounds damn useful, if it would only work . . .

Thanks,

Joel

[/ QUOTE ]

Joel, its confusing, but "Data Source" is the IP address or machine name of the computer where the database is, and "Location" is the database name (e.g., "PTPGSQL1"). Its pretty much the opposite of how you would expect it.

Make those changes, and then make sure "Test Connection" works. If test connection fails, any errors from SS are meaningless anyways.

Let me know how that goes. Sorry for the delay.

-Ben
Old 10-25-2006, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SS Guys:
I'm having problems w/ stats for the 25/50NL tables.

There's a particular player, let's call him SharkA, on whom I have 20K+ PT hands, and I KNOW that his full-ring stats are around 26/7.

But in the SS window, he was sitting at a 10-person 25/50NL table, and he was showing up as 39/19. These are close to his 6-max stats, I'm pretty sure.

Anyway, is it possible that there's a bug in SS for the 25/50NL games?

And just to make sure I'm clear on how the filters work, am I correct that when SS sees a table w/ 7 or more ppl at it, it draws from its cache of stats from HHs w/ 7+ players, but for tables of 2 to 6 players it draws from HHs w/ 4 to 6??

I don't really know how to trouble-shoot this thing for u...it would be good if this guy would just sit at a full 10/20NL table so i could be sure, but he never seems to...

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing that is different is that if only 2 people are playing at a 6-max game, then heads-up stats (2 player) are used. But if 3-6 players are playing, then their stats from playing against 4-6 players are used. Hope that made sense.

Does that cover the descrepencies?

-Ben