Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 08:02 PM

Default Re: Showing Cards when All in 1/2NL game

[ QUOTE ]
Great. So the entire game must come to a screeching halt as The Great Poker Crusader calls the floor: His self appointed mission…to educate and change the poker world…one A-hole at a time…..

97% of the time, it just isn’t worth it. the other 3%, when someone is really abusing it and slowing down the game, then call the floor. Even then, you don’t need to protect your hand and make everyone sit around as you prove your point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure in a low stakes NL game, satisfy the table coach and move on. 90+ out 100 people aren't going to be able to use the information, or use it effectively anyway.

But move to a high stakes NL game no [censored] way! Call the floor. This is a game of limited/missing information, and with players being much better and closer in skill at this level, allowing some tool to see hands whenever he/she wants is simply not acceptable.

Personally I like the Wynn's take on this, "You want to see the hand, OK, just a second let me get the floor over here so you can explain why you think someone is cheating here."
Old 11-12-2007, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally I like the Wynn's take on this, "You want to see the hand, OK, just a second let me get the floor over here so you can explain why you think someone is cheating here."

[/ QUOTE ]

Traditionally this was the rule in games with a buy-in of $1k or higher.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:50 PM

We were talking about foxwoods 1/2 game. Anyone pulling this BS in a bigger game, you should call the floor, and floor should be authorized to take them out back, torture them, shoot them, and tell them never to return! In that order!!