Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2007, 02:45 PM

Default middle set + OESD gets pot CRed

Bodog PLO25

all meaningful stacks are $25.

Hero UTG+1 dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

UTG limps, hero limps, 3 limpers, button makes it .5, blinds fold, all limpers call

6 players, $3
flop K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG checks, Hero bets $3, folded to UTG, UTG raises to $12, Hero?

Can you put him on KK immediately? I showed a lot of strength by potting into 5 people, and he still CRs me to the max. What else would he do that with?

I still got some str8 draw outs, but not enough if he has KK.
Old 04-28-2007, 03:48 PM

Default Re: middle set + OESD gets pot CRed

He could have a wrap + flush draw eg A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Tx, bottom set + FD ie. A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3x. Or if he's a complete idiot he could have A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]xx.

Unless he is a complete (utter, utter) rock, just shove. He could have KKxx. He could have a bunch of draws, combo draws and lesser hands than you have good enough EV against to make this an all in hand

As you say, if he has KKxx, you have some outs IF you run into it. Unless he has K9K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Then you're screwed royally.

Also you may want to raise this preflop
Old 04-28-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bodog PLO25

all meaningful stacks are $25.

Hero UTG+1 dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

UTG limps, hero limps, 3 limpers, button makes it .5, blinds fold, all limpers call

6 players, $3
flop K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG checks, Hero bets $3, folded to UTG, UTG raises to $12, Hero?

Can you put him on KK immediately? I showed a lot of strength by potting into 5 people, and he still CRs me to the max. What else would he do that with?

I still got some str8 draw outs, but not enough if he has KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, any four cards? Maybe he has three spades and think he has a flush. Maybe he's got two pair and a weak flush draw. No way am I giving anyone on Bodog credit for top set with 100 BB stacks without a read, let alone at .10/.25 in a raised pot.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:44 PM

So what I am getting is that on a draw heavy board I can't lay down a middle set? (when there is no str8 or flush)
Old 04-28-2007, 09:05 PM

You have more than middle set though.

And he could have a bajillion different hands here like A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] which you're 70:30 to win.