Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How many hands per week do you play on average?
< 2000 71 36.22%
2000-4000 60 30.61%
4000-7000 42 21.43%
7000+ 23 11.73%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-17-2006, 03:43 PM

Default Do You Think You Are Smarter Than the President?

Simple poll. No particular ideological slant. Just wondering how 2+2ers think they are relative to George W. Bush. Feel free to rant in the comments about how much of a genius/moron you think the guy is.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:55 PM

Default Re: Do You Think You Are Smarter Than the President?

[ QUOTE ]
Simple poll. No particular ideological slant. Just wondering how 2+2ers think they are relative to George W. Bush. Feel free to rant in the comments about how much of a genius/moron you think the guy is.

[/ QUOTE ]

A better poll:
Old 07-17-2006, 05:22 PM

There are only two possible options the way I see it:

1) Sinister Genuis

2) Bumbling Idiot
Old 07-17-2006, 06:33 PM

Bush is not stupid, he puts on a "good old boy" act to get in touch with voters. He may not be a genius, but no one can get to the position he did and be an idiot. Also, the fact that he is a poor public speaker adds to the appearance of imbecility.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bush is not stupid, he puts on a "good old boy" act to get in touch with voters. He may not be a genius, but no one can get to the position he did and be an idiot. Also, the fact that he is a poor public speaker adds to the "good old boy" act, which helps him appeal to voters.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 07-17-2006, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are only two possible options the way I see it:

1) Sinister Genuis

2) Bumbling Idiot

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bush is not stupid, he puts on a "good old boy" act to get in touch with voters. He may not be a genius, but no one can get to the position he did and be an idiot. Also, the fact that he is a poor public speaker adds to the appearance of imbecility.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true. Other people got him in that position. People like Karl Rove and Cheney are the brains.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true. Other people got him in that position. People like Karl Rove and Cheney are the brains.

[/ QUOTE ]

And they put all their rational effort into believing Bush was the right man to win the election, why then?? Obviously he has great advisors, that doesn't change the fact that oodles and oodles of Americans, many of whom are also rich and connected, would love to be President, and he figured out how to make it realistic.

"Bush the President" is an incompetent prick (this is because he intentionally reflects the voting majority, congratulations guys). Bush the person is probably pretty bright, and by all accounts I've heard, a friendly and compassionate man.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:04 PM

The president is a clever human being, in many ways that are not obvious...as many of his poilitical opponents have learned the hard way. "Street smarts" is also a commonly used term...and he has a type of street smarts, in that he knows things at his level that none of us know. So, yes, I am not quite as smart as President Bush. To think otherwise would be foolishness on my part. Have a nice day!
Old 07-18-2006, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And they put all their rational effort into believing Bush was the right man to win the election, why then??

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the "Bush" family has a political legacy and their was a lot of value to the Bush name. Because they thought he had the right kind of image to sell to conservatives.

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously he has great advisors, that doesn't change the fact that oodles and oodles of Americans, many of whom are also rich and connected, would love to be President, and he figured out how to make it realistic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I don't believe oodles of people want to be President. Second; they're not all as rich, appropriately connected and don't come from a family with a political legacy.

[ QUOTE ]
Bush the person is probably pretty bright, and by all accounts I've heard, a friendly and compassionate man.

[/ QUOTE ] I've read quite a bit that contradicts that. I do believe he can be charming in a goofy frat boy way. I have no doubt he's personable. I don't necessarily agree that he's that compassionate or sincere.