Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2007, 05:36 PM

Default Seattle area folks, charity tournament this Sunday 7/15

Just wanted to pass this along to any Seattle-area folks who might be interested. TT can lock if it's too spammish.

Short version, it's a charity poker tournament that one of my friends is running, to raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Some background, I've been attending many different CFF events over the past couple of years. My friend, the organizer, has a son with CF, which led me to get involved.

Some background from him: As many of you might remember, my 3 1/2 year old son Cole, has Cystic Fibrosis (CF), a life threatening genetic disease that currently has no cure. My family is therefore extremely active in fundraising to support the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, an organization who directly funds CF research.

This year, we are hosting the 1st annual Cole's Champions Texas Hold Em tournament. The tournament will be held on Sunday, July 15 at Lake Wilderness golf course. It will start 1pm and go until roughly 7pm with a break in the middle for a brief live auction. The cost is $60 and of course 100% of the proceeds will be donated to CFF in Cole's name.

The grand prize will be a Vegas vacation for two valued at $1200. Other final table prizes will depend on how many players we have, but will likely either be cash or some of the other great prizes we've had donated.

So there are the basic details. The structure is decent for a live tourney like this. Start with 5k in chips I think, with 30 minute levels for the first 4 levels. That will be a rebuy period of some sort as well.

If you haven't been to Lake Wilderness Golf Course, here's the address: Lake Wilderness Golf Course, 25400 Witte Rd SE, Maple Valley, WA 98038.

No need to RSVP, but if you do plan to attend go ahead and post in this thread. I'll be there, and it would be great to have some additional 2+2ers! Perhaps a trip to the Muck could be arranged afterward. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]