Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 02:50 PM

Default How much action?

BB is 25/3/0.6 tight passive, Button is a 38/20/2.5 LAG

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (7.5SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5.25BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (17.25BB, 3 players)
Hero

Villain is the tight passive guy from hand 1. Earlier he just called ATo in the bb vs my raise, then raised a 356 flop and checked turn and river UI.

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
4 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5.5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises</font>, Hero
Old 09-05-2007, 03:19 PM

Default Re: How much action?

hand 1 you've given enough action now show down.

hand 2 call and bet/call or bet/3bet if you fill up.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:52 PM

Hand 1.

QT is 16 combos, JJ and 99 is only 3 combos each. Even 3 handed its time to slow down.

Hand 2.

I slow down here as well.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:27 PM

re: hand 1, there are also 16 combos of T8. honestly it is close at the first chance you get to reraise. putting in more than 1 bet on the river is insane
Old 09-05-2007, 04:30 PM

I call down both of them.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:42 PM

Ick. The only thing about hand 1 that makes me want to B/C river is that he didn't raise the flop. Doesn't this villain go crazy with QT and possibly T8 here?
Old 09-05-2007, 04:45 PM

Hand 1: I have trouble seeing tight passive call 3 cold w Q8 or T8 but given the action I would bet call the riv. I put him on KJ or other 2pair.

Hand 2: I think I slow down and ck/c tu and riv expecting 6 with better kicker
Old 09-05-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ick. The only thing about hand 1 that makes me want to B/C river is that he didn't raise the flop. Doesn't this villain go crazy with QT and possibly T8 here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would definitly heavily discount QT because of that reason, but not T8 (yes I think T8 is well in his range).

My guess is he has T8 or two pair like J9 or 79.. But discount J9/79 for the turn cap (a tiny bit)

Discount lower set and KJ cause this is a fastplay situation (not sure if hes good LAG or bad LAG)
Significantly discount QT but not completly.

Id say your close to even against his range and maybe slightly ahead because u said hes bad (depends if he likes to "slowplay")..
But even if its close, the various river scenarios make me want to check/call. (hopefully BB has 2pr and will call).
Old 09-05-2007, 09:10 PM

1 seems like a good ck and go for the overcall, i think if u lead 2 bets go in on the river when ur ahead far less than when u ck call (ie middle guy should be able to fold lots of hands KQ KJ other 2 pair ect), and button will rarely ck behind 2 pair when u both ck and I think QT and T8 are both in his range ( not every lag raises an OESD or fd in this spot after a bet and a call everytime, though QT is discounted for sure) JJ caps pre and 99 probably folds the flop so 77 KJ J9 arent a ton of combos compared to straights.

turn 3bet is good esp with other guy in and boat redraw if behind, ck call river now UI after his turn cap

hand 2 i call and ck call the river he shouldnt raise TPTK and really he should 3bet TPGK and overpairs pre so its not like those are likely to be in his range, though that also rules out JJ (to be honest though these types of players slowplay big pairs preflop then spew postflop so its possible maybe I am missing value). I think u see a stupid bluff or better trips more often than AA KK once he raises ur donk after his flop cap, so call and ck call the river is probably best vs that range. Its maybe close though vs someone who would often not 3bet big pairs pre in a BvB spot and is likely overplay postflop after?