Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 10:43 PM

Default Re: September Low-Content Thread

Two gems from the past couple days:

Folded to button(who is a very special kind of player) he raises, sb folds and I 3bet with black aces, he 4bets, I go 5 he calls.
Flop 10 8 7 with 2 diamonds. I bet, he calls
Turn 8 of diamonds. I bet, he raises, I 3bet, he 4 bets and I call.
River 7 C/C his 74o(with no diamond) is good.

Hand against asian Neil last night.
Neil limps along witha few and I limp 33.
Flop 953w/2 diamonds Neil bets I raise everyone folds to my surprise, he calls.
Turn 9 Neil bets I raise, he 3, I 4, he 5, I 6, he 7, I call. He dark bets.....
River A I call. He asks if he needed the river and tables the A9.

The cp 30 game has been so great. Last night drunk Nam, Neil and Harry(old short guy who is usually drunk with a huge attitude, plays mostly 15/30)were all at the game last night........I lost.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On some other news... who comes up to you at a poker table and says "OMG ARE U THE GUY FROM 2+2 THAT POSTS IN THE MONSTER THREAD!!" Haha happed to PJ not me though.

Oh and on to other news, that article about me playing poker was published on my schools newspaper.

Here's the cover with my quote:
http://lbunion.com/blog/wp-content/u...e-01-cover.pdf

and here is the me in the featured page:
http://lbunion.com/blog/wp-content/u...08-feature.pdf

yep i can cross out make it into school newspaper off of my life list.

[/ QUOTE ]

A ton of people at my school are at least playing Mid Stakes in their respective games. We never get no articles. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2007, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
just a quick question... how did howmany grind his way up so fast at age of 21?

online primarily?

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust fund baby, obviously. Why else do you think he whines so much?
Old 09-29-2007, 05:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i cant imagine anhy scenario where's it correct to call damon with 9high

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think damon has ever vpiped with a hand that can't beat 9 high preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahahaha. All you little bitches have a laugh at my expense. After winning a retarded amount of money for the stakes I have been playing I can afford it. More fun hands when I am not so damn tired.

I am just gonna sit back and enjoy having done something for the first time that to me is pretty meaningful. This months poker income has surpased this months doctor income. Looks like it's time to quit my job.
Old 09-29-2007, 06:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

My count:

private joker
Caldarooni
Sailboats
The Dude
goofball
Surfdoc
Gabe

[/ QUOTE ]

There was also mikel, and the coming out party of dangerfish who is an online player that I convinced to come meet a few of the boys. He is pretty darn tough and lives close so we may see him taking his share out of the mid-limit games if he learns to combat the boredom of single table poker.

I heard millerlolife was there as well but didn't meet him. Played a few orbits with shawnhoo and HOWMANY was actually winning at the time of my departure.
Old 09-29-2007, 06:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and HOWMANY was actually winning at the time of my departure.

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU FILTHY LIAR!
Old 09-29-2007, 07:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise AJo and get called by a donk in the BB.

Flop comes 883 with 2 diamonds. He donks out, since donks love to donk. This means he can't have an 8, so his likely hands are a 3 or a flush draw. I raise for value. He 3-bets. Now he can't have a 3, so he has to have diamonds. I call down. No diamond on turn or river. He says "I missed" and shows A2.

I show and he goes on tilt (again), berating me. "You called me with nothing! I'm in the big blind! I can have an 8 there!" I shrug. "That was a bad call, dude, BAD CALL." I look at him and agree. Then he says the most awesome line ever: "That's what happens to all you lucky players, you get lucky."

[/ QUOTE ]

He's right actually. Bad call. You should have raised the turn, and bet the river for value [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

Garland
Old 09-29-2007, 07:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise AJo and get called by a donk in the BB.

Flop comes 883 with 2 diamonds. He donks out, since donks love to donk. This means he can't have an 8, so his likely hands are a 3 or a flush draw. I raise for value. He 3-bets. Now he can't have a 3, so he has to have diamonds. I call down. No diamond on turn or river. He says "I missed" and shows A2.

I show and he goes on tilt (again), berating me. "You called me with nothing! I'm in the big blind! I can have an 8 there!" I shrug. "That was a bad call, dude, BAD CALL." I look at him and agree. Then he says the most awesome line ever: "That's what happens to all you lucky players, you get lucky."

[/ QUOTE ]

What's funnier is that he wouldn't have said anything if you had 22.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I will say however that the odds of Sean finishing school and having it be a large mistake are small

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with you for the most part, but this part isn't necessarily true.

i don't know how far howmany is in school, but if he has 3+ years to go and he knows that he wants poker to be his career and he has the results and the bankroll to show that he can make a good living at it even if the games get tougher over the next 5-10 years, he should go for it.

wasting 3 years in school can be a big mistake. it's expensive and it's time consuming. he could be spending that time becoming a better player and taking advantage of the "golden years" of poker. i know i would be a much better player if i spent half the time i spend on school studying poker.

but if he's a slacker at heart like i am, and quitting school wouldn't help his poker game much, there's no reason to quit. i spent the last year out of school, playing poker for the most part. the plan was to make money and get good at poker, but i don't think i made any more money or improved my game any more than the previous year.

howmany, if you're considering quitting school, ask yourself if you're motivated enough to really benefit from that decision. i think most people are not.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are two important points of analysis here that I think are going undermentioned.

1) School is horse [censored]
2) Jobs suck
Old 09-29-2007, 08:16 AM

From the just-ended Commerce trip:

Goofball: blah blah blah
Random Indian Dude in his 50s that can't stop making a popping noise with his mouth: Don't talk to me about girls, I love fornication!
Closed Thread