Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 01:15 PM

Default Re: Raising Limpers - Button

I'm only raising 87s. Calling with A6s. Folding the rest, although A9 is borderline; I'm definitely raising with ATo
Old 10-02-2007, 01:22 PM

In the example outlined above it is obv profitable to raise all of them. If my opponents are the typical loose passive that tries to limp in with trash but somehow have picked up that K7o is not a premium hand, this is gold. However if my opponents are psychotic calling stations, high card value goes up for KTo and A9o and the semi-bluffing opportunities with 87s and A6s goes down. With 87s you are looking at 8 high a lot of the time come the river, since you are essentially playing showdown poker. And if villains are tight and passive, mucking A9o and KTo looks a lot more attractive, since you will often face domination.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:19 PM

I do not agree with most of you in raising with hands like A6s and A9o in position, however I do find it more probable that hands like 87s and K10o will become more profitable in the long run because of their ability to make more hands and straights. The A6s is definitely a high percentage winning hand, but not 3-4 handed, if it was down to battle of the blinds, yes, but not in this case, I suggest over limping.

And to Frosteater, next time you raise me, I am not paying your toll booth! You hear me!?
Old 10-02-2007, 04:40 PM

limping is so bad, i'm raising 87s, folding the rest.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:47 PM

what you raise them with depends on what you expect them to call you with. If I know they're going to call me with any queen any king or any ace then I will raise a huge range of hands that are not likely to be dominated. So that would be suited aces big off suit aces some suited connectors preferably of the number variety. If we are deep then I'll shift almost exclusively to hands that can make huge hands like off suit connectors or suited one gap or two gap.