Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2007, 12:06 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?
Default If you ran the poker room...

What would you do?

It is my perception that the pool of NL players in the Midwest is drying up. For the purpose of this discussion, let's assume I am right.

I think most of my local Poker Rooms are headed for trouble but I am not sure I am right and I am not sure what should be done, if I am.

Small Stakes NL is dominating the market at the moment. If you go to a card room, there will be multiple tables of NL and few if any limit games and probably few if any tables that aren't Holdem.

Are the cardrooms making a mistake spreading mostly NL by allowing the fish to bust too quickly or should they just keep opening more NL tables and let the market dictate what is spread?

Is it better for long term business to restrict the number of NL games and try to encorage people to play something other than NL Holdem or should they let them play what they want?