Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 07:18 PM

Default Re: 3-bet pot....what purpose does my line fit best? [200NL]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not self righteous by any means, and I certainly have no axe to grind. But I do think it's ridiculous to advocate doing this in SSNL where people barely know how to play poker. Most of us really suck playing oop in the first place, so I just don't see how this could help.

end thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

i tried to explain how it can help. you're not trying to play a 3bet pot oop with T9o for value. it's a stone cold bluff and one that, when used correctly, is profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, you can 3 bet any two cards from the blinds occasionally and show an immediate profit, and the risk of doing so, contrary to what I am arguing in this thread, is minimal. But this immediate profit is going to add like .04 ptbb/100 to your winrate. So whether or not someone ever makes a play like this is largely unimportant.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also, if you are going to 3 bet those two hands, then why not 3 bet EVERY hand? It's basically the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

omg head asplode

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

that said i don't think there's a single hand that i'd say i would NEVER 3bet. i'm going to 3ball 32o if the situation is right.

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW, I'm just curious, did your head "asplode" upon reading your own comment indicating that any hand could be 3 bet.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:49 PM

jesus i'm sorry i was so polite in this thread. i already explained why your statement was retarded.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:57 PM

1. i wouldn't raise T9o OOP hardly ever, it sucks basically. ok on the flop i guess.

2.again i would rarely raise J7s either. it is marginally better than T9o. again, alrite i spose on the flop

3. fine

i think i need to incorporate a bit more c/f and c/r in unraised pots. sometimes you know they are not folding, i Cbet much too often, approaching 100%.

also, i 3bet 4x OOP

overall, btw i don't like it much
Old 08-29-2007, 08:00 PM

gave up on this thread halfway through, but bluff 3betting from the blinds preflop any 2 should have some probability assigned to them. even a hand like 24o should be 95-99/4-1 player dependent.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:19 PM

[/ QUOTE ]
3. %steal isnt a stat Ive used much but have been seeing it lately. Can someone give me an idea of exactly what it is and which %'s represent what?

[/ QUOTE ]

40%+ pretty retarted, random junk, too aggro

ok i would say 30%+ is a committed blind stealer, just assume they don't have much when they raise. 30% is about optimum, i am recently trying to get it to more like 35%

20%+ pretty normal for a positionally aware player. they are not really raping your blinds, more like making love to them.

less than 20% - they are not really stealing your blinds.

ok people, 3betting light out of the blinds vs CO and button raises is a major leak, do not do it. people are allowed to rape your blinds because they have superior positions, let them have the damn things. they own your blinds. all you should be doing by 3betting out of the blinds is putting money in preflop when you have an equity advantage.

so against a 40% + stealer, you can profitably 3bet something like A9s because it is way ahead of his range

a 30%+ you can 3bet ATs because it is ahead of his range etc.

a few fun things: how do you tell if someone is not positionally aware? they have PFR of 20%+ and steal blinds 25% or less, or whatever, these stats in conjunction tell you this.

how do you know if people are 3betting you light out of the blinds? look at their fold SB/BB to steal, and compare this to the call PFR% and their VPIP/PFR ratio. so if someone is a 20/18 and there fold stats are 80/73% and there call PFR% is less than 5, they will be 3betting you pretty light.

note: i do sometimes 3bet light in the blinds, but only occasionally with hands that flop well like JTs, and usually against tightish players, not real blindstealers
Old 08-29-2007, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
3. %steal isnt a stat Ive used much but have been seeing it lately. Can someone give me an idea of exactly what it is and which %'s represent what?

[/ QUOTE ]

40%+ pretty retarted, random junk, too aggro

ok i would say 30%+ is a committed blind stealer, just assume they don't have much when they raise. 30% is about optimum, i am recently trying to get it to more like 35%

20%+ pretty normal for a positionally aware player. they are not really raping your blinds, more like making love to them.

less than 20% - they are not really stealing your blinds.

ok people, 3betting light out of the blinds vs CO and button raises is a major leak, do not do it. people are allowed to rape your blinds because they have superior positions, let them have the damn things. they own your blinds. all you should be doing by 3betting out of the blinds is putting money in preflop when you have an equity advantage.

so against a 40% + stealer, you can profitably 3bet something like A9s because it is way ahead of his range

a 30%+ you can 3bet ATs because it is ahead of his range etc.

a few fun things: how do you tell if someone is not positionally aware? they have PFR of 20%+ and steal blinds 25% or less, or whatever, these stats in conjunction tell you this.

how do you know if people are 3betting you light out of the blinds? look at their fold SB/BB to steal, and compare this to the call PFR% and their VPIP/PFR ratio. so if someone is a 20/18 and there fold stats are 80/73% and there call PFR% is less than 5, they will be 3betting you pretty light.

note: i do sometimes 3bet light in the blinds, but only occasionally with hands that flop well like JTs, and usually against tightish players, not real blindstealers

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the best post in the entire thread.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:45 PM

Agreed, nice post.