Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2006, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Portugal - France

I agree it is an undeserved lead. Think they are gonna take it home though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. The french players seems to have less stamina than the Portuguese so extra time will be very tough for them, so best to avoid it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].
Old 07-05-2006, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Man, Soccor is a gay sport. How can they give someone a free kick there? It is what, 99% that he is going to make it? And if he wasnt tripped, what are the odds he would have scored goal on that possession, 1%? In hockey you have a power play, in soccor, you get a free goal. Sickly stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

HHHmmm ok. Now crawl back under your rock.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:51 PM

what is really gay is people trolling soccer threads
Old 07-05-2006, 03:52 PM

Location: always C/Ring with 3 outs and usually getting there

Seriously, was it that clear cut of a PK? It looked like there was contact, then Henry's foot hit the ground, and he just fell over. The contact looked pretty weak, too.

I hate the french soccer team, ever since 98' but I can't not root for them for some reason... maybe it's becasuse I have a man crush on Zidane... Maybe ebcasue they are playing pretty darn good soccer

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Man, Soccor is a gay sport. How can they give someone a free kick there? It is what, 99% that he is going to make it? And if he wasnt tripped, what are the odds he would have scored goal on that possession, 1%? In hockey you have a power play, in soccor, you get a free goal. Sickly stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]If a PK wasn't the result of a foul in the box teams would constantly foul players with the ball, which would be even gayer than your post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on, there should be some alternative. Take few guys off the field for 5 minutes, ala Hockey Power Play. Take half the other team off the feild, whatever. What you shouldnt do is award the team a 99% chance to score a goal for contact inside the box that looked like it was accidental.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:53 PM

Aren't you the same kid that posted about dropping out of high school? Don't change the rules. I do like the French but other teams have been penalized much worse than the Portugeuse due to this rule (USA and Australia).
Old 07-05-2006, 03:54 PM

I dont mean to troll. The game I watched yesterday was very exciting. It went into overtime and ended 1-0. Here, France already is given a free point just because their player is fouled. Like I said, what are the chances he wouldve scored had the foul not occored? What are the chances he misses the free kick? It doesnt make any sense.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]If a PK wasn't the result of a foul in the box teams would constantly foul players with the ball, which would be even gayer than your post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on, there should be some alternative. Take few guys off the field for 5 minutes, ala Hockey Power Play. Take half the other team off the feild, whatever. What you shouldnt do is award the team a 99% chance to score a goal for contact inside the box that looked like it was accidental.

[/ QUOTE ]
Penalty Kicks aren't 99%, and that looked like a pretty clear foul to me.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, was it that clear cut of a PK? It looked like there was contact, then Henry's foot hit the ground, and he just fell over. The contact looked pretty weak, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Carvalho could have avoided the contact (I think there was some intention on his part since Henry would be in a pretty dangerous position). It was a pretty poor dive by Henry but you can't blame him (although now he seriously needs to stfu with "I'm not a woman so I don't dive").