Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2006, 04:18 AM

Default 150/300 omahaha hand #2

150/300 OE at foxwoods. SB is a tough tag who is on the tighter/passive side. BB is also tough, Joy for those that know her.

i button raise KK67 with 3 clubs, SB calls, BB calls.

flop is J98r

SB checks, BB bets

what do i do? if you call or raise what do you do for each turn card that falls. IE if you call this flop what turn cards are you mucking or calling?
Old 11-13-2006, 09:34 AM

Default Re: 150/300 omahaha hand #2

why are you raising this junk against tough players?

get a better seat.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:27 PM

And you are calling hoping for runner K's? Seriously....if you call, the only card I would continue on the hand with would be a 5 or a K and I'd still check/call the river. If a 5 comes, you still MAY only be good for 1/2 depending on the river. Also, who knows what the SB will do behind you.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:57 PM

pf is fine, on flop i would just muck before it gets really ugly... this is a str8 way too often to make continuing profitable.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:03 PM

also, how high is your cbet frqquency in this kind of spot?
Old 11-13-2006, 09:07 PM

i cbet alot in high stakes omaha, because players dont go to showdown enough. they undervalue marginal pairs and think they always need 2pair to felt.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:55 PM

You have an open-ended draw to the idiot end of the straight and an overpair. Your opponent may think the flop didn't hit you and thus be trying to steal.

You can raise and possibly take the pot down now (or at least find out that you're beaten and avoid paying off on the double betting rounds)

or you can just fold and now waste anymore money on a relatively small pot.

It's opponent/read dependant. What they think of you, what you think of them, etc. It's hard to ascertain what the best move is without this info.

However, I feel that either folding or raising are both better than just calling.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:23 PM

Most people don't lead out if they flop a straight - they'll check hoping for a checkraise.

I've played with Joy, but not enough to know her tendencies here.

For most players at this limit, there most likely holdings are:

#1: Nothing. They missed, but they know you raised preflop. If you had a legitimate raising hand like A25K or AA29 etc... then you don't have much of this flop. This is a bad flop for a raiser and a good flop for a big blind.

#2 A hand like JT23. They have top pair and a nice draw. They don't really want to fight, so they lead out.

#3 Two pair.

#4 A set. They'd likely checkraise you with a set, but they might be afraid that a ten or a queen might come so they're leading out to protect.

#5 A straight. Some people lead out with a big hand. Most people go for a checkraise.

I would call and see what comes on the turn. Raising is not bad either. If you're sure they're a total rock (which Joy is not) then you can fold.

Bad turn cards are Q, 6 and 7.

A is horrible for your hand, but the other players don't know that and will likely check. If an A comes and they continue to lead, you're in trouble.

2,3,4,5: These all give you a low draw. Some players give up on bluff attempts when a second low card hits.

K: Best card in the deck for you, obviously.

T: could be great, unless you're drawing dead. IF you ARE winning, you will scoop, which is good.

J, 9 or 8: hard to tell. You could have just beaten somebodies two pair, or they could have filled up. Again, if you are winning, you will scoop, which is good.

That's about all. They're is no simple formula for these situations. Also, whether the small blind calls or folds greatly affects your decisions. I won't go into that, though...

[ QUOTE ]
150/300 OE at foxwoods. SB is a tough tag who is on the tighter/passive side. BB is also tough, Joy for those that know her.

i button raise KK67 with 3 clubs, SB calls, BB calls.

flop is J98r

SB checks, BB bets

what do i do? if you call or raise what do you do for each turn card that falls. IE if you call this flop what turn cards are you mucking or calling?

[/ QUOTE ]