Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 04-22-2006, 05:46 PM

Default Was ProPoker rigged?

For the 10 of you that read my previous post, I'm still doing research. I saw on the Wikipedia article for online poker that supposedly ProPoker was using bots with knowledge of the cards to scam players. Did this really happen? Where can I find this documented?

Thanks in advance
Old 04-22-2006, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Was ProPoker rigged?

Thanks for the edit mod, didn't realize I screwed up the site name.

Here's my shameless bump, I only do this once. If nobody responds then my request for information will disappear forever into the sands of time. I could really use this info, I just need someone to point me in the right direction.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:23 PM

I doubt you'll find it "documented" anywhere. FWIW myself and quite a few others from here tried the site and I can't remember anybody who came away a winner.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:35 PM

If you search this forum's archives you should find dozens of posts confirming that everyone felt ProPoker cheated the players.

It felt more like you were playing against house teams and that they knew either your cards or the cards to come, rather than playing against bots.

It was quite incredible and masochistically fascinating that if you had a great hand you would never be called; whereas if you had a crap hand you would be raised and reraised. And I mean like every time.

Huge bonuses sucked you in to try the site, but I can't remember anyone ever coming out the other side with their own money, let alone the bonus.

There was always one seat left at every table for the sucker. Once he sat down, another seat opened.

If you watched a game before joining, the betting was maniacal and the cards shown down could be any two that just happened to win. As soon as you joined, there was never another bad hand shown down.

Actually, it was a bit like [enter site name] is today.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:10 PM

Mike, maybe you or someone else more resourceful than I could dig up the post where someone observed that 84 of 87 (or something like that) players all sat out instantaneously at 12:00:01 one night. That pretty much was the thread that anyone needs to read to make any conclusions about ProPoker.

"Your excuses are your own" -- Richard Roma
Old 04-22-2006, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It felt more like you were playing against house teams and that they knew either your cards or the cards to come, rather than playing against bots.

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe it is politically correct to call them "Korean Investors", not cheats or bots.

Old 04-22-2006, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mike, maybe you or someone else more resourceful than I could dig up the post where someone observed that 84 of 87 (or something like that) players all sat out instantaneously at 12:00:01 one night. That pretty much was the thread that anyone needs to read to make any conclusions about ProPoker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too small of a sample size.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

"Your excuses are your own" -- Richard Roma

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't that Lorinda's "snatched by Aliens" post?

Jimbo
Old 04-23-2006, 05:37 PM

One of zillions of threads

If you search posts by lorinda in internet gambling between 42 and 36 months ago on the archive server with the words +pro +poker, you'll find quite a lot of threads like these. You don't have to search for threads where I stuck my nose in either, but it's a way of thinning down the number of threads a little.

Wasn't that Lorinda's "snatched by Aliens" post?

I made several of those, but I think you're thinking of Sunrise.

Lori
Old 04-23-2006, 05:44 PM

Nice to see a post from Lori [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Hope all has been going well.