Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2007, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Can I fold here?

[ QUOTE ]
The more and more I think about it, the fact that you have the As, it's more likely he has a smaller set and he puts you on a draw.

[/ QUOTE ]
YES! I agree. A288 or A299 is very likely here. We need to figure out what villain thinks our hero has in relationship to what we believe he (villain) is holding. This is what will make calling the turn an easy decision. Remember, hero has a tight image.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:21 PM

SuperEasy call vs. SteveZ.

I've seen him play around 50% of his hands even up to 7 handed, limp w 79TK in MP, and lead top/bottm pair on a two low, two-flush board in to a big field. He is willing to gamble. He plays enough hands to easily have the straight here, but could easily have twopair+low, flushdraw+low, set+low, set+draw, etc. too. But since you're posting this i'll guess he had A567 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

actually, i think its a call vs. others as well as anyone whose range is wide enough to be able to lead out on that flop w a 76xx in their hand has a wide enough range to include enough other hands you are ahead of.

-g
Old 04-18-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SuperEasy call vs. SteveZ.

I've seen him play around 50% of his hands even up to 7 handed, limp w 79TK in MP, and lead top/bottm pair on a two low, two-flush board in to a big field. He is willing to gamble. He plays enough hands to easily have the straight here, but could easily have twopair+low, flushdraw+low, set+low, set+draw, etc. too. But since you're posting this i'll guess he had A567 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

actually, i think its a call vs. others as well as anyone whose range is wide enough to be able to lead out on that flop w a 76xx in their hand has a wide enough range to include enough other hands you are ahead of.

-g

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I was really trying to get out. Villain is very complicated. PF, he is liable to limp any 4 within reason of course.

Anyways... I was really taken by the push. I thought about it, and the timer ran out and I was forced to fold. After I had some time to think about it, I think it's more of a call. If he had a set, this would be the perfect line to take. Stop, see if a non-spade comes, and then go.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:04 AM

Some general comments:

In a situation like this, I ask myself if I have the best hand, and if I can scoop with a good river. Here, the answers are probably and yes. Those are good answers.

In this hand, six players see the flop, whereupon it becomes heads up. If this was a common pattern for this table, a tricky player may do as villian did as a set play. Against two opponents it will get him broke, but heads up it may be a money maker with a lot of cheesey hands.

It's possible to make your turn decision on the flop, when you potted it with top set, rather than on the turn. You had the option of considering your top set as a draw and smooth calling, or considering it as something stronger and raising. Here you raised. I'm not criticizing your play, but when I pot it on the flop in this situation, I'm pretty much committed to putting the rest of it in on the turn: seven cards improve me, the rest put a better hand or draw out there, so I pretty much know what's coming.

jmo
Old 04-19-2007, 08:16 PM

why not raise preflop, it is hand to head up. if you dont like raise, just fold.