Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2006, 11:34 AM

Default Strategy of Flop Seen Rate – Jay

The strategy of flop seen rate is a very important strategy, especially for beginner and intermediate players. If you have had less idea about how flop seen rate functions in Texas Hold’em, take a look at the below article very carefully, and it will help you improve your game tremendously.

My flop seen vs. Table flop seen
‘My flop seen’ is the percentage of how many times you see the flop (where you do not fold the pre-flop). ‘Table flop seen’ is the percentage of players who see the flop at your table (players who do not fold the pre-flop). This is very important statistics because flop seen rate is the strongest indicator in poker. Be aware that most of the good players are playing only strong starting hands.

Strategy of flop seen rate
1. If table flop seen is under 20%, this table is deemed very conservative. Try a blind steal more frequently, and if your loose play works, go ahead. However, be careful about raising or re-raising against the conservative opponents.

2. If table flop seen is over 35% - Your play should be more conservative. (Keep your flop seen rate around 20%)

3. In ring games, you should pick up the table which has at least 35% of table flop seen rate (The higher the better).

4. However, the above percentages should be adjusted along with the players’ number of the table. The fewer players there are, the more flops you should see, because if there are fewer players, the minimum requirement for starting hands is getting lower.

<A formula for calculating the proper flop seen rate along with the players’ number>

The proper flop seen rate = 20% + (10-numer of players)*5%

which is,
10 player - 20%
9 player - 25%
8 player -30 %
7 player - 35%
6 player - 40%
5 player - 45%
4 player - 50%
3 player - 55%
2 player - 60%

If your flop seen rate is lower than the proper flop seen rate, it indicates that your play is conservative. If your flop seen rate is higher than the proper flop seen rate, it indicates that your play is loose. Remember that the flop seen rate of most successful Hold’em players is less than 25% at the 9~10 players’ table.

To calculate the accurate flop seen rate, it is essential to be supported by poker odds calculator. I highly recommend you to test it with PokerKant.com program, because it offers more specific flop seen rates you can easily try this theory with. (It’s not a spam! Personally, I am a PokerKant fanatic, for I think it’s literally a well-made poker odds calculator.)

All right, next time I will post lecture #2, a subject of how come people end up all in!

Thanks

Jay
Old 10-06-2006, 03:09 PM

Default Re: Strategy of Flop Seen Rate – Jay

Could lecture #3 be a starting hand chart? PLZ
Old 10-06-2006, 03:26 PM

This is golden. This should be stickied in every strategy forum on the site.

[ QUOTE ]
All right, next time I will post lecture #2, a subject of how come people end up all in!

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't wait for this. Sometimes I'll sit down at a table and see somebody who's all-in, and I'm like "holy [censored], how the hell did that happen?!?!"
Old 10-08-2006, 01:51 AM

From now on when I get dealt big pairs three times in a row, I am going to throw them away the third time so I can remain in balance with good players and the tables average flop percentage. It will surely help my win rate by not standing out from the norm and being noticed as playing too many hands.
Old 10-08-2006, 04:54 AM

Uh you fold them because they're due for a suckout....
Old 10-08-2006, 07:58 PM

so playing 6 max you should see the flop 40% of the time?
Old 10-09-2006, 01:13 PM

this is almost as good as the "avg seen flop %" thread where the guy asks for a "poker/fish ratio"

i make up a number and he starts making plans based on it.

no wonder we can profit playing poker. lol
Old 10-10-2006, 08:20 AM

If you play Heads-Up you are supposed to see the flop 60% of the time. Interesting. Can I play some one-on-one against you?

Seriously though: What makes you think you are qualified to devise and publish poker strategies? Maybe you should give some insight into your background.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:57 PM

Why do all the spam posts use the [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] in their title?
Old 10-11-2006, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The strategy of flop seen rate is a very important strategy, especially for beginner and intermediate players. If you have had less idea about how flop seen rate functions in Texas Hold’em, take a look at the below article very carefully, and it will help you improve your game tremendously.

My flop seen vs. Table flop seen
‘My flop seen’ is the percentage of how many times you see the flop (where you do not fold the pre-flop). ‘Table flop seen’ is the percentage of players who see the flop at your table (players who do not fold the pre-flop). This is very important statistics because flop seen rate is the strongest indicator in poker. Be aware that most of the good players are playing only strong starting hands.

Strategy of flop seen rate
1. If table flop seen is under 20%, this table is deemed very conservative. Try a blind steal more frequently, and if your loose play works, go ahead. However, be careful about raising or re-raising against the conservative opponents.

2. If table flop seen is over 35% - Your play should be more conservative. (Keep your flop seen rate around 20%)

3. In ring games, you should pick up the table which has at least 35% of table flop seen rate (The higher the better).

4. However, the above percentages should be adjusted along with the players’ number of the table. The fewer players there are, the more flops you should see, because if there are fewer players, the minimum requirement for starting hands is getting lower.

<A formula for calculating the proper flop seen rate along with the players’ number>

The proper flop seen rate = 20% + (10-numer of players)*5%

which is,
10 player - 20%
9 player - 25%
8 player -30 %
7 player - 35%
6 player - 40%
5 player - 45%
4 player - 50%
3 player - 55%
2 player - 60%

If your flop seen rate is lower than the proper flop seen rate, it indicates that your play is conservative. If your flop seen rate is higher than the proper flop seen rate, it indicates that your play is loose. Remember that the flop seen rate of most successful Hold’em players is less than 25% at the 9~10 players’ table.

To calculate the accurate flop seen rate, it is essential to be supported by poker odds calculator. I highly recommend you to test it with PokerKant.com program, because it offers more specific flop seen rates you can easily try this theory with. (It’s not a spam! Personally, I am a PokerKant fanatic, for I think it’s literally a well-made poker odds calculator.)

Thanks

Jay

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL