Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 03:08 AM

Default Re: Things that annoy you about live poker.

[ QUOTE ]
What habits/traits of other live players annoy you?

[/ QUOTE ]
When they beat me.

BO
Old 11-10-2007, 03:35 AM

when they fking try to have stupid conversations with you, telling you what they folded the previous hand, what they woulda flopped or rivered and other retarded sh*t
Old 11-10-2007, 03:50 AM

When people whine "I could have won that" when their folded hand tables in some way.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
when they fking try to have stupid conversations with you, telling you what they folded the previous hand, what they woulda flopped or rivered and other retarded sh*t

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah this is a good one.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:12 AM

why i love it when poeple tell me what they had all the time
Old 11-10-2007, 04:54 AM

People that waste time with bullshyt in games with table charge, God that tilts me.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I hate that [censored].

First they give you that look and then whisper "7-2, I folded 7-2" while shaking their head and then you say "well, what are you gonna do?" and then they say "yeah, I mean, how can I play that, right?" and then you say "yeah, you can't play that", and then they turn to the person on the other side and whisper "I folded 7-2"................

.....and, because they think that they've now bonded with you in some way, take the liberty of talking about every single hand that gets played for the rest of the tournament.

Did I mention the bad breath?
Old 11-10-2007, 05:23 AM

People who waste time and slow down the game. This includes people who squeeze out their cards one-by-one every friggin' time. Also who show boat before they fold.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:49 AM

Chain smokers- While I was dealing the other night there were 3 middle aged women (they were all related) who smoked for 4 hours straight non stop, no exaggeration. They were buying cigarettes for like $8 a pack at the bar every time they ran out.

Players at anytime asking for deck changes, especially in tournaments where the tournament staff is actually dumb enough to allow deck changes upon player request.

People who constantly let everyone know when they know any nickname of any hand. Example- TT2 flops and 5 out of 9 people simultaneously saying "Who's got the DOYLE BRUNSON hand, TEN DEUCE, hyuck hyuck hyuck!". I think I have yet to see a board at $1/2nl containing a ten and deuce without someone mentioning it.

People who ALWAYS have to be reminded to post their blinds (seems like almost everyone).

People who only show one card at a time during a showdown, especially when they have a winning hand and intentionally show a meaningless card first or when they are afraid of being out kicked on a pair and hesitate to show a kicker.

People who stack their chips like they are insane, like people who have a dozen stacks of 10 instead of making just a few normal size stacks, they take up a ridiculous amount of space.

Obnoxious people who scream and jump around like they won the lottery when they hit a freakin' 2 outer on the river against me in a lame $100+15 tourney (same tourney where they were changing decks in the middle of a levels, taking like 10 minutes doing so).

Taking 30+ seconds to think about a 2xbb raise pretending to get a read on some old lady or drunk guy at $1/2nl.

I could go on forever......
Old 11-10-2007, 07:40 AM

Any time anyone tries to explain strategy.

I also hate hearing "I think you've got me beat, but I'm gonna call."